Thursday, 28 December 2017
Friday, 15 December 2017
So I didn't do very well in 2017, so I'm keeping things a lot simpler:
- Read at least 2 books a month for no other reason than I want to (yes, two. Yes, I remember the days that was two a day too. *Sigh*)
- Write an average of 3000 words a day.
- Re-read Harry Potter
Yes, they're random, but why not!
Tuesday, 12 December 2017
hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Me.
It’s time for a brand new challenge for the New Year: 2018 Bookish Resolutions Challenge We are going back to basics! We thought we made it too complicated last time, so this time we are going back to the beginning. If it’s Bookish it counts, however we are no longer allowing personal goals since this is a bookish challenge, it’s all about the book world.
Sign Up is between 8th December and 28th February, the challenge starts January 1st and ends December 31st 2018 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Years Resolutions for books and book blogging…You can sign up via blog post, Facebook, Twitter or Goodreads!
1. Create between 3 or more resolutions related to books/book blogging/writing (there are examples below but you can make up your own)
2. Create a sign up post and add it to the Linky on this post (sign up before Feb 1st)
3. This is a year long challenge, so you can't add resolutions that could be done in a day these must be year long goals.
4. Twice a year we will have an update to see how you are doing. One in April and One on August. The last update will be the end post in December for you to link up. You will find the link on both mine and Laura’s blog
5. For each goal you complete you get one entry into the giveaway that will be in our wrap up post on December 31, 2015
Giveaway:We'll be giving away two $5 Amazon gift cards at the end of December 2018. You get one entry per resolution (via a Rafflecopter form)
Examples:As this is a personal challenge everyone is likely to set different goals! But to make things easier, we've come up with some blogging and reading examples!
• Get my Netgalley percentage up to XX % (percent is up to you!)
• Read XX number of Netgalley books this year/per month (remember that this needs to be a year long goal!)
• Read XX number of books by debut authors/authors that are new to me this year/each month
• Complete X number of challenges this year (This challenge does not count towards the total. Mini-challenges within a bigger challenge do not count separately)
• Read XX number of crime (or any other genre) books this year/each month
• Only spend £XX/$XX on books this year/per month
• Listen to X number of audio books this year/per month
• Read X number of paperbacks this year/per month
• Read X number of classics this year
• Read all blog tour books a week/month/two days before post date
• Participate in X number of read-a-thons (read-a-thons as a part of larger challenges count separately)
• Only one-click on amazon X times per month/week
• Read X number of books per week/month that were books you've bought, which can be free.
• Read X number of sequels this year/per month
• Read X number of books with 'salmon' in the title (word is changeable. If you're interested there are actually 862 results for salmon in the Kindle Store)
• Read X number of books that I already own
• Read X number of non-fiction books
Tweet your progress to #BookishResolutions
Sign-Up & Link-Up Create a post (blog, Facebook, Tsu, Goodreads) listing your 3 to ? resolutions. Link up your goals here! Be sure to link your goal post and not your blog homepage. Grab the button!