Monday, 21 November 2016

The Connector by Aubrey Parker (#1 Trillionaire Boys' Club)

Title: The Connector
Series: The Trillionaire Boys' Club (#1)
Author: Aubrey Parker
From: Netgalley
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 1st November 2016
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge 2016 New Release Challenge
Links: Goodreads - Amazon 
Synopsis (from Goodreads): They say money can’t buy love. Fortunately, it can buy everything else. A week ago, I didn’t know who Nathan Turner was. That’s because he doesn’t own deals; he makes them instead. He’s the man behind the curtain — more powerful even than the man in front of it. He’s a multi-billion-dollar networker. A connector, in his own words. Nathan’s job is to pull strings. And when I butted my way into his office, he told me he planned to pull my strings, too. I thought I could make my own deal with Nathan, but now I’m in over my head. What he’s connecting now isn’t a takeover or a buyout. I think he’s forming a secret society instead: a Syndicate of billionaires who want to pool their assets into a trillion-dollar pool, then rule the world. I’m not up to this. I’m just an 18-year-old girl. But there’s no way Nathan will let me out now.

The Connector isn't my first Aubrey Parker book, and I'm honestly not completely sure how I'd feel if it was. I don't think it quite had the addictiveness of Trevor's Harem (which I did not want to put down), but it was enjoyable. 

There was a slightly different dynamic given that Nathan didn't underestimate Alex as much as some billionaires seem to when it comes to romances. Saying that, he did underestimate her a little bit, but at least he expected something from her rather than pretending she had no insight! 

There was definite chemistry between the two leads, and I liked that they weren't able to forget about each other. They both thought about things in a more physical sense to start with and were definitely on the same page for most of the book...even if they didn't always realise it! 

Alex was a strong female lead. She was determined to get what she wanted, and that wasn't just in terms of getting the man. Instead, she had clear ambition when it came to her career. All in all, I think she worked well as a character. 

I  also liked the various side relationships the two main characters had. It made them more rounded as well as adding interesting characters who could be being set up for future books (or at least that's the impression that I got!) 

This was a good read, though not quite as addictive as I was expecting!