Sunday, 30 October 2016

Sunday Post (30/10/2016)

Sunday Post

Thank you to Kimberly @ caffinatedbookreviewer for hosting!


My Life This Week 


Well it's safe to say that this week has been well and truly rubbish. I've been suffering from a flu/cold like thing for over a week and it's really wiped me out. To top that off, some other stuff came to light in my personal life and it basically ended up with me almost having a break down at work...so yep great week! I've managed a bit of writing, but nowhere near as productive as last week, and reading wise...well it took me 5 days to finish a book. For me that is shockingly bad.


My Writing This Week 

What Lies Beneath the Mask is now on Kindle Scout, so queue very nervous Laura obsessing slightly despite it being out of my control! I'm currently taking part in an Author Vs Author tournament and I'm gearing up for my first ever Nanowrimo! I've finally taken the plunge on a proper domain for my author website, so there's a good thing! 

So what I've written this week:
WIP Class 1 is currently at 15,679 words
Short Story, The Humra, is finished at 3960 words. This is a space opera kind of based on Beauty and the Beast (I can't help it I just love fairy tales!)
Chapter for Author vs Author at 1683 words

Reading This Week 

Song of Sorrows by JD Wright (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 New Release Challenge
Moirai by Ruth Silver (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 Reading Assignment, 2016 Blogger Shame, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (2016 Reading Assignment)
Flying Through Fire by Nina Croft  (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 New Release Challenge

On the Blog This Week 

This week I've posted a blitz for Debbie Cassidy's new book, Desert of Destiny, which I am super excited to read (it's already on my Kindle). I've also posted reviews for new releases Cocky Cowboy, Concealed, Flame and Glitter (the last of which I read back in July because I got too excited about the concept...was definitely worth it though!) Btw those are contemporary, fantasy, sci-fi ish and dystopian respectively.

My TBR List book this month was Circle of Fire, an urban fantasy/suspense, which was honestly a little disappointing. I also reviewed two other urban fantasys this week, Radar Deception and Heat of the Moment.

On my author blog, I posted an excerpt from chapter 18 of What Lies Beneath the Mask, and a blog post about the cover

Next week on trips down imagination road I have reviews from the rest of my Val McDermid binge, The Retribution, Cross and Burn and Splinter the Silence. Contemporary romance, Cocky Romantic (the next book in the series after Cocky Cowboy that I linked above), dystopian (and #2016hw book) Aberrant and historical romance, Sins of a Duke. I also have blitzs for two great authors, Nina Croft and Laura Kenyon! 

Around the Internet

There was a buzzfeed post about what Disney Princesses would look like today (fashion wise) and I found myself agreeing with a couple of them, just a bit of fun that one! My friend also shared with me an article called 23 Stupid Question About British People, which had us both in stitches! I wish I could say that the stereotypes in it aren't true, but as a Brit I would totally be lying!

Also found this great image on the Journalister facebook page, which is definitely worth a giggle!