Monday, 1 August 2016

Entice by Erica Crouch

Title: Entice
Series: Ignite (#1.5)
Author: Erica Crouch
From: Netgalley
Genre: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy
Release Date: 19th November 2013
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame, 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): With the aftertaste of Heaven still strong, Pen and Azael cloak themselves in their new demonic destinies, fighting for Lucifer against the angels. Pen, warring against former friends turned vengeful enemies, still struggles with defecting to Hell. But in one short battle, they go from forgotten to famous, thrust into the spotlight where she has no room for uncertainty. Suddenly top-tiered demons, they’re tasked with seeing through hell’s new agenda: corrupting man. But tarnishing Eden isn’t as simple as they thought it would be, especially when they’re forced to work with another team of demons who are trying to claw their way up the ladder of power.

I love this series already (and I'm kind of mad at myself for running out of homework books this month and having to wait 22 days until I can read book 2!) I think part of it is how Pen's written. She's smart and interesting with an entertaining inner monologue. 

Entice was an interesting prequel to Ignite, while it didn't tell the reader anything that wasn't covered in Ignite, it did show Pen's feelings on her fall from heaven and her assignment in Eden. I think it helped flesh out Pen's character and made it so that her actions in Ignite have a little bit more. 

The other thing that Entice did was make me dislike Azael even more than I already did. As th two of them are twins I can't help but think of them as opposites, especially when it comes to their views on evil. Basically Pen is far more likeable than her brother. 

It was also interesting finding out about more about Gus and the things he predicts. I wasn't surprised by what he saw about the fates of Azael and Pen, but I am very interested on how it will actually play out. I can't wait to dive back into this series next month!