Monday, 11 July 2016

Eternal Passion by India Masters

Title: Eternal Passion
Series: Across the Stars (#2)
Author: India Masters
From: Netgalley
Genre: Sci-Fi, Romance, Erotica, Space Opera
Release Date: 22nd June 2016
Challenges: 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Ilara Depherra grew up on the streets of Toru City, the victim of a corrupt child welfare system that did little to protect the children in its care. Now tending to the children of the dark city herself, Ilara teaches them the skills they’ll need to survive and hides them from the vile men who would enslave them. But when she’s targeted by a crooked official who will stop at nothing to control her, she’ll need the protection of a man who stirs her heart like no one has before. Kei Rewu is an arena gladiator of intergalactic renown, but he’s been burned by unfaithful lovers too many times and has sworn off relationships for good. When Ilara turns to him for help and ignites a passion he’d all but given up on, he’s forced to confront his fear and betray the system that has made him a star. Surrendering to the undeniable sensual attraction that sears them both, Kei and Illara will have to risk everything they hold dear to find a love that will save them both. 

After reading Across the Stars book one (Infinite Desire) I was intrigued by the world but not blown away by the book. Now with Eternal Passion I feel that some of the other elements of the story caught up with the world building and I enjoyed it more than I did the first one. 

There seemed to be less of a focus on the sex scenes, though they were still present, and more of a focus on the actual plot line and I found myself anxious to know what would happen next, even if that did deal with a slightly uncomfortable topic. The plot kept moving and kept me interested far more than the previous book had. 

Kei and Ilara's relationship also felt more real to me. They didn't have many disagreements really, but I did feel that it flowed more naturally that Solae and Raav's in the previous book. However saying that I still got really excited when Solae and Raav made an appearance! 

I felt that Eternal Passion built up the world a bit more as well as the characters, and it is clear that there is more to come (which is good because I think this series is just getting going) and I look forward to discovering more!