Friday, 29 July 2016

Bound to Night by Nina Croft

Title: Bound to Night
Series: Sisters of the Moon (#1)
Author: Nina Croft
From: Review Copy
Genre: Paranormal
Release Date: 15th October 2012
Challenges: 2016 Blogger Shame, Summer COYER 2016
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Waking up after a brutal werewolf attack, telepath Tasha Grant finds herself a prisoner of The Facility, an organization carrying out illegal research into the paranormal. She dreams of freedom, a normal life, and going home, but after eight long years, she believes it will never happen. Her life changes with the arrival of the stunningly gorgeous Jack, the latest unwilling guest of The Facility. Passion flares between them, but Jack refuses to share his body or his mind. Jack must fight his burning desire for Tasha; he has a job to do—destroying The Facility—plus a very good reason for keeping his distance from for the young werewolf. Only when they escape their prison, does he admit his feelings and accept the possibility of a future together. However, Tasha yearns for a normal life, and Jack is a vampire…As the past unravels and they uncover the secrets behind Tasha’s attack, she realizes that ‘home’ is farther away than ever. Now, she must decide if that matters when the alternative is an place at Jack’s side…

Bound to Night is one of those books that I've been meaning to read but not quite got around to. So while trying to decide what to read I figured why not, I've already read a lot of Nina Croft's books this month so it's an absolute certainty that I'd enjoy it. 

And I did enjoy Bound to Night, maybe not as much as some of her later stuff, but I thought that it had a great pace and enough world building to wet my appetite. I was definitely left wanting more and will be checking out the other books in the series soon. 

I liked Tasha, she was somewhat naive as was to be expected, and actually it made her character more realistic under the circumstances. I did feel a little bit sorry for her given the events of the book, but she was a strong enough woman to cope. 

Equally I liked Jack, though I definitely want to know more about him! This was a great novella and I'm looking forward to more in the series!