Thursday, 23 June 2016

Mr Romantic by JA Huss

Title: Mr Romantic
Series: Mister (#2)
Author: JA Huss
From: Review Copy
Genre: Romance, Suspense
Release Date: 22nd June 2016
Challenges: 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Charm is the key to the world. Charisma, magnetism, sex appeal—that ‘it’ factor that can’t be described. Nolan Delany has it is spades. The infamous Mr. Romantic. And maybe he is out of my league… But I’m going to give it the old college try anyway. Because I didn’t travel two thousand miles for a job interview at his request just to be put out like trash. Don’t underestimate me, Mr. Delaney. I’m really not as innocent as I look.

I finished this book days ago and I'm still not sure I've fully processed it's awesomeness. I knew I was going to enjoy it, because this is JA Huss, and her books have a great blend of characters, suspense and twistedness that works perfectly...not to mention the heat and chemistry between the lead characters. 

Now...Nolan. I actually loved Nolan as a character. True he's a bit of an a*** in the beginning, but actually I thought it was fairly easy to see past that and into his true self. In a weird, but undeniable, way he kind of lived up to his monkier...even if he was a little bit creepy about splitting his personality between Nolan and Mr. Romantic! 

There was amazing chemistry between Ivy and Nolan, the two of them worked really well together, and while some of their bedroom tastes strayed into kinky territory, it never felt that they weren't gelling. Of course during the later scenes there were a few moments of doubt over something between them, but that just showed how good Huss was at weaving the story. 

While Mr Romantic is a standalone story, there was more added details to what happened at Brown with the Misters, and what's going on with them now. There was also a bit more information given about some of the Misters themselves, including some great news for existing fans of JA Huss! 

This was such a good read, and so different from Mr Perfect, but I do think it's now one of my favourite Huss books!