Sunday, 27 March 2016

The Sunday Post (27/03/2016)

Sunday Post

Thank you to Kimberly @ caffinatedbookreviewer for hosting!


My Life This Week 


I FINISHED MY LENT. I'm super excited by this cause there's a book that I really want to read that I couldn't buy because of my book buying embargo. But I am proud to have made it, it has not been easy!

I realise I'm two weeks behind with my Sunday Post's, but there is good reason for that and I'll get to that in a moment. Unfortunately for the most part the past two weeks have been completely and utterly crap. It's been 5 weeks since my dishwasher broke at work which means I have to take all the pots backwards and forwards between sites, and I'm stuck in the middle of my boss being annoyed with the people we're contracted to, and the people we're contracted to being slow at sorting it and expecting us to continue service. Then I've basically been so stressed out because of that and some other stuff going on that I don't want to mention because it could badly effect the outcome (it's that bad), that I've been having physical symptoms of stress. So yep fun times.

Now the really really good news...and the reason I missed my Sunday Post last week. Last Saturday we had our Village Scout and Guide gang show (held by the Scouts, Cubs, Beavers, Guides and Brownies, unfortunately the Rainbows declined the invitation to take part). Our Brownies were fantastic, they did three mini skits and they did a dance to 5,6,7,8 by Steps as well as joint songs. Other leaders commented on how lovely and polite they all were (and one of the Cub Leaders asked them to teach him their dance!) and the girls really enjoyed themselves. Even better we raised over £800, which is more than double what we made at the previous gang show when there were 7 sections participating (the Rainbows took part as did Explorer Scouts, but because we're a village there's no one Explorer Age at the moment!) rather than 5, which is really good going.

My Writing This Week 

I've done a lot of plot outlining for my Phantom of the Opera based book and written a lot so far this weekend. I have 4 days off work so I have challenged myself to complete it in that time. Fingers crossed!


I'm also just starting to get everything sorted author wise...so I now have the beginnings of a Mailing List! If you want to sign up the box is below, and I promise I won't send out that many emails! Just when I have cover reveals/new releases! Thank you! 

Subscribe to Author Laura Greenwood's Mailing List

* indicates required



Reading This Week 

So I finally caught up with my Goodreads reading challenge which was a great feeling! So here's my reading for the past two weeks!

Fledge by JA Huss (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge)
Faith and Moonlight by Mark Gelineau & Joe King (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge)
Burning Ultimatum by Aubrey Parker (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Read the Books You Buy)
Tarnished by Kate Jarvik Birch (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge)
Flight by JA Huss (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge)
Sapphire by Michelle M Pillow 
The Lady of Misrule by Suzannah Dunn (2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame)
Heartbreaker by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion (2016 New Release Challenge)
Claimed by Love by Melissa Foster (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 New Release Challenge)
The Vampire's Daughter by Leigh Anderson (2016 New Release Challenge)
The Lion's Heir by Lilly Pink (Online Book Club)
The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge)
Queen of Broken Hearts  by Jennifer Recchio (2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame, My TBR List)


On the Blog This Week 

So non-review posts included my Sunday Post from 2 weeks ago, as well as blitz's for The Vampire's Daughter (which I read this week and was fantastic!) and Rock (which I am super excited to read now my Lent Book Ban has ended!)

I seem to have reviewed a fair few new releases in the past couple of weeks including; Heartbreaker by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion, Claimed by Love by Melissa Foster, The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski and Burning Ultimatum by Aubrey Parker.

My JA Huss binge read had to be put on hold to read some scheduled books I had, but not before reviews of the rest of the Rook & Ronin series (Bomb, Guns and Happily Ever After) went live, as well as my reviews of books 2 & 3 in I Am Just Junco, Fledge and Flight.

I didn't do so well with my voted in books, my online book club read The Lion's Heir by Lilly Pink, barely scrapped 2 stars, while my TBR list book, Queen of Broken Hearts by Jennifer Recchio could also have been better. 

I used some of my other reviews to knock off books from Netgalley, including Faith and Moonlight by Mark Gelineau & Joe King, and Tarnished by Kate Jarvik Birch. I also review Sapphire by Michelle M Pillow.  

Online Book Club

This month there were two winning books, The Lion's Heir and Death in Neverland, so there's a choice of which to read! Link up goes live on 24th March! You can check out the originalpost here
Create your own user feedback survey