Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Heartbreaker by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion

Title: Heartbreaker
Series: Unbreakable (#1)
Author: Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion
From: Review Copy
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 22nd March 2016
Challenges: 2016 New Release Challenge
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

All Kiki wants is one night of passion with Darren, the DJ at Loading Zone and incrediably sexy musician. But Darren isn't playing ball. He thinks that Kiki is worth more than just one night and he isn't in a position to give that to her. When the two of them begin to train to run together they swear they'll just be friends but before long they find themselves wanting to act on their attraction, and once their friends (and siblings!) get involved there's very little they can do to stop the inevitable...

I was excited anyway about a book from the Bastions, so much so I didn't actually read the synopsis before knowing I wanted to read it (yes I know that's bad) so as soon as I realised this book was back with the No Weddings Gang (and that took maybe 2 or 3 lines) I got super excited because I love that series and am defintiely read to get back into the Bastions' brand of sexy.

Darren and Kiki had crazy chemistry and it was really good having two romantic leads with an age difference (I think it was about 5 years) and it not be made a big deal of. It took up one small interation between Darren and Kiki's brother Cade, and that was it which was great. There was also more to their relationship than just the physical. Their relationship also took the time to get to the point where they got physical which was good too.

I love Kiki's relationship with her siblings, and it was great catching up with Cade and Hannah (the events in Heartbreaker happen after the events of No Weddings, so there are some minor spoilers). I like visiting future couples too, and speculating about whose story was coming next. I definitely can't wait for that.

Music and art was a big thing in this book and I thought the descriptions of both were really well done, especially as there is no way to see and listen to them while reading. But I do think that Kiki's sculptures and Darren's music really came alive.

I loved loved loved this book. The complications made the relationship real and the interactions between Kiki and Darren worked really well!