Sunday, 28 February 2016

The Sunday Post (28-02-2016)

Sunday Post


Thank you to Kimberly @ caffinatedbookreviewer for hosting!



My Life This Week 

It's safe to say that this week has been loads less stressful than last week for the most part! After all I did spend Monday to Wednesday at a Spa with my Mum and Grandma (it was Grandma's Christmas/Birthday/Mother's Day Present), and having back massages and steam rooms is always good...not to mention the food!

The Brownies were true to form this week, and we did some activities based on World Thinking Day (which is celebrated by Girl Guides and Girl Scouts all around the world!) The girls designed superheroes that's job is to make people happy and talked about what would make a good friend!

My little brother was super adorable and got me this box as a present for taking him to Butlins. Apparently he's had it for ages but had managed to keep it quiet! It's so sweet because he remembered I had a Chat Noir mug which I really liked (from when I lived in Paris) but I broke it about 6 months ago. He said he wanted to get me something to remind me of that because I didn't have it anymore!


My Writing This Week 

Hasn't happened...I had something else that occupied too much time! But my Mum did finally read Awakening (while I was with her at the Spa which was just weird for me!) Thankfully she's respected my wishes and not told me what she thinks!

Review copies of my novella, Awakening, on instafreebie. This is the first book in my on going Alventia series and is mainly a retelling of Sleeping Beauty (though Hansel and Gretel also get a look in, and the prequel Betrayed which is in the Amidst the Shadows anthology, is a Rumplestiltskin type retelling) You can get a copy here!

Reading This Week 

My reading has picked up a bit from the past few weeks (thankfully!) but I am still a bit behind, especially on my Goodreads challenge!

Sworn to Vengeance by Terah Edun (Winter COYER 2015-2016, 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge
The Valiant by Cheyanne Young (Winter COYER 2015, 2016,  2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge
Panic by JA Huss (2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge, 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge, My TBR Meme
Aurora by JD Wright (Winter COYER 2015-2016, 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge
Act of Comand by Mandy M Roth  (Winter COYER 2015-2016, 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge


On the Blog Last Week (and the Week Before) 

You can check out last week's Sunday Post here.

So this week (being the last week of the month!) say the publishing of two reviews for Memes; The Trouble With Being Wicked by Emma Locke for the Online Book Club, and Panic by JA Huss for Michelle @ because reading's My TBR List Meme!

Reviews went out for several new releases this week, including two from two of my favourite authors, Terah Edun's Sworn to Vengeance, and JD Wright's Aurora. I also read a new release from Nicci Cloke, Follow Me Back.

I also really enjoyed City of Legends by Cheyanne Young (and I've read book 2 this week!) and I read another book from Michelle M Pillow's Galaxy Playmates series; Diamond.


Online Book Club

This is a meme that I started with the intention that several people read the same book and then link back their reviews. This month's book is The Trouble With Being Wicked by Emma Locke, I hope you'll join me in reading the book and sharing your thoughts in the link up in this post

You can also now vote for March's book, and if you want to find out more about them than what's available in the voting thing, then you can check out the original post here
Create your own user feedback survey