Saturday, 27 February 2016

Panic by JA Huss

Title: Panic
Series: Rook and Ronin (#3)
Author: JA Huss
From: Rook and Ronin 7 Book Omnibus 
Genre: Romance, Suspense
Release Date: 15th October 2013
Challenges: 2016 Reading Assignment Challenge, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

*May contain spoilers for previous books in the series*

With her ex now out of her life and her relationship with Ronin on track, all that Rook needs now is to finish the TV contract at Spencer's shop and move on with her happily ever after. But the past is still haunting Rook and it's about to catch up with her. Can she over come her natural urge to run away and fight to be with the man she loves, or will she return to who she once was.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting for Rook and Ronin's relationship in Panic, because they seemed to be in a good place at the end of the previous book. I had my fingers crossed that the two of them weren't going to do something to sabotage their relationship.

What I wasn't expecting was for Rook and Ronin to spend so much time apart in the book. They both had their own projects to work on, and there were still some very steamy scenes between the two of them, so it did make sense. I did think it helped them both grow into the people that they need to be for each other.

There was a lot revealed about Rook's past in Panic and it just made me really want to give her a hug. Some of it was just so moving and sad. It's not a happy past, but it is important to the person she became in the series. There have been hints all the way through the books, especially when Ford made it clearer what he likes in a relationship.

I liked seeing more of Spencer and Ford, and especially the latter seemed to grow alot, particularly in how he was actually caring for other people. I'm still not totally sure why they all dislike each other, but then appear to be friends, but I'm excited to find out.

I loved Rook and Ronin's story, there was a lot of darkness in their pasts but the two of them are really good together!

MyTBRList