Friday, 8 January 2016

Profile by JA Huss

Title: Profile
Series: Social Media (#5)
Author: JA Huss
From: COYER Secret Santa (Thanks Berls!)
Genre: Romance, Suspense
Release Date: 22nd October 2015
Challenges: 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point), Winter COYER 2015-2016
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Grace's dark past has become her present. Now separated from Vaughn she's living her own personal hell. Vaughn is frantic with worry and all he wants is Grace back with him and safe. With all evidence pointing towards him being guilty for her disappearance, he has to work quickly to not only prove his innocence but to find her and rescue her from her demons...

So it didn't take me long to read Profile after finishing Status (and I'm even breaking my rule about not reading a series back to back by starting Home as soon as I've written this review) but I just couldn't wait to find out what happened next. Neither of the main characters were left in a good position at the end of Status, and that made me just want to know.

Huss has this way of making characters flawed but engaging, and this definitely comes across with Grace and Vaughn, as well as in the secondary characters in the book. Though they both have their pasts, they are good people and as a reader you find yourself routing for them.

The suspense in Profile was definitely there, and Huss managed to keep it going even with the dual POVs. I feel that is quite a skill considering that the reader knew what was going on with Grace and Vaughn. I felt for both of them and was urging them to find each other. Towards the end the suspense definitely had me reading faster and needing to know that it would work out.

Even though the two main characters had so much to sort out in Profile, the ending still makes me want to know what will happen. There are clearly still issues that need to be cleared up and I'm anxious to see how it works out to those characters.