Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas (DNF)

Title: Heir of Fire
Series: Throne of Glass (#3)
Author: Sarah J Maas
From: Netgalley
Genre: Fantasy
Release Date: 2nd September 2014
Challenges: 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge 
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Heartbroken and desperate for answers, Celaena has gone across the sea supposedly to kill the enemy King and Prince. Since deciding she couldn't go through with it, she falls into a state of self-pity and drink, before being found by the Fae she sought.

I DNF'd Heir of Fire at 20%. Due to it being part of my 2015 Reading Assignment I am writing a brief review on the reasons I decided not to continue.

What frustrates me the most about the fact that I DNF'd this book is that there is no real reason why I shouldn't have. It combines a lot of elements that I love; strong female character, great fantasy setting, plot twists, and yet it couldn't maintain my interest.

The second book was the same, I never had that 'Oh I must read that next' feeling with this series, though I did enjoy the first two books, and that's how Heir of Fire came to be the last book I had to read on my 2015hw list. Unfortunately for me the 'oh I must read that next' feeling still existed after I started the book. I didn't get immersed like I have with other books.

I may come back to this book one day and love it, after all there are a lot of elements that I do look for when I'm reading in it. But I can't see that being any time soon.