Monday, 28 December 2015

Anarchy Found by JA Huss

Title: Anarchy Found
Series: SuperAlpha (#1)
Author:  JA Huss
From: Amazon
Genre: Superhero, Romance
Release Date: 2nd December 2015
Challenges: 2015 New Release Challenge
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Molly Masters is the new detective in Cathedral City, and she knows that the police department is as corrupt as they get. What she didn't realise at first was that there was a vigilante in the city causing Scientists to seemingly commit suicide. But her investigation soon leads her down a path she didn't expect, and a path that leads her to answers to questions about her past that she didn't even know that she had. Not to mention the appeal that a bad boy like Lincoln has...

Anarchy Found was a great read. From the first page it draws the reader in, not that I expected any less from JA Huss. The story was a mix of futurism, science, superheroes and romance, with some steamy scenes thrown into the mix too. The story flowed seamlessly and there were no places in which one genre took precedence which was good!

The chemistry between Molly and Lincoln was there from the very beginning, though their relationship was a little different at times. At first it did seem a bit like Lincoln wanted to stalk Molly a bit, though it did all become clear later in the book and somehow became more sweet than creepy.

I liked that Lincoln was such a complicated character. His morality was neither black nor white, and what was more than that he owned it. He accepted that his motives weren't as pure as they could be. It made him a more complex character as well as making his relationship with Molly more complicated.

I do feel like I still have questions though! There were so many twists and turns in Anarchy Found that I didn't know quite what was coming next, which I loved, and has me totally intrigued!

I also loved the interactions of the various characters with Shelia. I thought she brought a little bit of comic relief and her mothering of Lincoln worked well in grounding him as a character. I'm intrigued to find out where Shelia is going in the future!

I loved Anarchy Found, it was a great read and I look forward to more!