Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Owned by the Alphas 3 by Faleena Hopkins

Title: Owned by the Alphas 3
Series: Werewolves of Yosemite (#3)
Author: Faleena Hopkins
From: Review Copy
Genre: Erotica, Romance, Paranormal
Release Date: 28th December 2014
Challenges: 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Having been taken from Calt's pack by Red, Ali knows that problems could be caused. But when they discover that Calt and his pack have come to challenge Red, things need sorting fast. With both the powerful alphas wanting to lay claim to her, Ali can hardly decide who she should be with; Red who knew her a human, or Calt who found her in the first place. When she proposes that they work it out in the bedroom things quickly move out of her control...

I do enjoy Hopkins writing, so even though Owned by the Alphas probably isn't a book that I would pick by myself (though admittedly there was a point in my reading past where I would have) I very much enjoy it. Her characters are real and have flaws, then as the story progresses there is still a good level of character development, even with the short length of the story.

There were some heavily erotic scenes in Owned by the Alphas and I don't think that this is necessarily to everyone's taste. I liked the idea that the wolf pack wasn't quite as monogamous as other books portray them. I think that these wolves were closer to their animal selves than most werewolves are. Definitely an interesting concept.

The love triangle in Owned by the Alphas is interesting and I'm honestly not too sure which of the two wolves I want Ali to end up with. Both of them have their own personalities and both of them are alpha men. I wouldn't like to say which way it would go and I'm interested to find out!