Wednesday, 30 September 2015

End of the Month Round Up (September)

So I'm really not sure what happened to September...both where it went nor what happened with my reading! For whatever reason I haven''t done all that well reading, it's just not been productive for me. But I am being published again a Halloween Anthology, so that's exciting! In life news, I'm now seeing someone, so that's exciting...he even commented (but didn't insult) my book collection, so going good there! Work is still work and not that exciting, but Brownies has started back now after summer, so there's plenty to do!

Costs of the Month

This year I've been keeping a bigger track of what I am spending, and what I should have been spending, on books. It's mostly for curiosity but I have been quite shocked so far by what I've actually managed to save!

The Total Cost of Books I've Read in September: £56.56
The Total Spent on Books I've Read in September: £3.98

The Total Cost of Books I've Read This Year: £767.08
The Total Spent on Books I've Read This Year: £90.93

Challenge Updates: 
Because reading is better than real life

Resolution #1 Listen to 4 Audiobooks This Year
January: 0
February: 0
March: 1
April: 1
May: 3
June: 1
July: 0
August: 1
September: 0
Resolution #2 Read 1 'Classic' This Month
Resolution Failed
Resolution #3 Read 6 Netgalley Books This Month
January: 14
February: 7
March: 6
April: 10
May: 10
June: 8
July: 9
August: 8
September: 7
Resolution #4 Read 2 Bought Books This Month
January: 5
February: 6
March: 6
April: 9
May: 11
June: 3
July: 7
August: 9
September: 5
Resolution #5 Finish One of My Writing Projects
I am very nearly finished with my projects for the Halloween anthology!

2015HWLogo

I did super good this month! I didn't have to rush to finish any of my reads!
  1. Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes 
  2. Dual Domination by Pavarti K Tyler
  3. Magic Study by Maria V Synder 
  4. Demon by my Side by Victoria Davies  
Goal: 52 Books (4 Books a Month) 
Read: 32 Books
Status: On Track

Falling For YA

Added this month: 
  1. The Future of Sex by Lexi Maxxwell
  2. Chasing Evil by Kylie Brant 
  3. Viral Nation by Shaunta Grimes
  4. Alpha Unleashed by Aileen Erin
  5. Demon by my Side by Victoria Davies
  6. The Empress of Hearts by E Barrington
  7. Hooker Heels by Ryan Ringbloom
Goal: 75 Books
Read: 80 Books
Status: Complete



I have completed this challenge, but will be carrying on!
  1. Seaside Nights by Melissa Foster (#25 Love in Bloom) = 2 points
  2. Magic Study by Maria V Snyder (#2 Chronicles of Ixia) = 2 points
  3. Block by JA Huss (#3 Social Media) = 1 point
  4. Dual Domination by Pavarti K Tyler (#3 The Sugar House) = 1 point
  5. Alpha Unleashed by Aileen Erin (#5 Alpha Girl) = 2 points
Goal: 101+ Points
Read: 221 Points
Status: Complete 


Added this month: 
  1. Seaside Nights by Melissa Foster (12/08/2015)
  2. Alpha Unleashed by Aileen Erin (22/09/2015)
  3. Hooker Heels by Ryan Ringbloom (01/10/2015)
Goal: 31-45 Books 
Read: 58 Books
Status: Complete


COYER finished on September 4th, and I can't believe it's over! Luckily the FB group is still going strong!
Seaside Nights by Melissa Foster 
Goal: 70 Books (though this is down from the original 90) 
Read: 71 Books 
Status: Complete



Read This Month: 

Barrington, E
The Empress of Hearts

Batten, Caroline
#Forfeit

Brant, Kylie
Chasing Evil

Cassidy, Amos
Scarlett's Path

Davies, Victoria 
Demon by My Side

Erin, Aileen 
Alpha Unleashed

Foster, Melissa
Seaside Nights 

Grimes, Shaunta
Viral Nation

Huss, JA
Block

Kovit, Kennedy
Crazy For You

Luedke, Travis
Concubine

Maxxwell, Lexi 
The Future of Sex

McDermid, Val
Clean Break

Ringbloom, Ryan
Hooker Heels

Synder, Maria V
Magic Study

Tyler, Pavarti K
Dual Domination

Wilson, Sariah
The Ugly Stepsister Strikes Back