Sunday, 27 September 2015

Dual Domination by Pavarti K Tyler

Title: Dual Domination
Series: The Sugar House (#3)
Author: Pavarti K Tyler
From: Review Copy
Genre: Romance, Erotica
Release Date: 14th November 2014
Challenges: 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Caitrin and Donovan have loved each other for years, but have always been reluctant to act on it and ruin their friendship. But that's no longer enough for Donovan, particularly since they gave in and had sex in his car. Meanwhile the problems experienced by the Sugar House escalate and all the help possible is needed, including Caitrin and Donovan's.

I really enjoyed the first two novellas in the Sugar House series, but there was something about Dual Domination that didn't quite click with me in the same way. I say that but I did keep reading and it didn't take me that long for me to read, so it's sat in a weird place on the scale. There was something about it that  kept my attention yet it didn't quite click into awesome category.

It was interesting to see a book that explored the BDSM world where both main characters where dominant. It meant that thought the background remained in that world, the relationship between Caitrin and Donovan was more equal than that (in terms of in bed). It was a different dynamic and one that was interesting.

There were catch ups with previous characters which was good, I like seeing what they got up to and how life has moved along in the story. It did feel like Dual Domination tied up the loose ends, and I like that in the end of a series.