Friday, 25 September 2015

Crazy for You by Kennedy Kovit

Title: Crazy for You
Author: Kennedy Kovit
From: Review Copy
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 13th August 2012
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Meredith is home again, ready to settle down in her small town and open the antique shop she’s always dreamed of owning. She’s had enough of powerful men trying to use her and wants to simply fade away from the dating scene and enjoy life. When she runs into the diner’s new owner, she quickly realizes her master plan might have been premature. Landry left life in the fast lane for life on Main Street. He’s sworn off women for a while. They’re nothing but trouble. Meredith is no exception. In fact, he’s pretty sure she’s not quite right in the head, but for some reason he gets her offbeat, whimsical behavior and craves being around it, not to mention she’s smokin’ hot and oozes sex appeal. It’s hard to fight nature’s pull even while chanting, “I’ve sworn off women.”

I'm not too sure what I was expecting when I started Crazy for You, it's one of the advantages of picking books at random from my TBR list. What I got was a romance that was simultaneously cute and deep, with more than a hint of sexy. 

Meredith and Landry's relationship was a slow burner, though it was clear from the very beginning that they were never going to be just friends. I liked that about them, it meant that the chemistry really built up between them and when things happened between them it felt like a natural evolution. I like romances like this, I think it keeps things fresh with that hint of realisticness. 

There seemed to be a lot of twists and turns in Crazy for You, and some of them I definitely didn't see coming. They didn't all come at once either, and they flowed well with the various parts of the story. I was actually surprised by just how many twists and turns the author managed to get in there! 

Meredith was definitely a quirky character, and I really liked that about her. It gave her an individuality that I don't think many female characters truly achieve for the most part. Her relationships with the various people around her also meant that another depth was added to the story and the character! 

I really enjoyed Crazy for You!