Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Alpha Unleashed by Aileen Erin

Title: Alpha Unleashed
Series: Alpha Girl (#5)
Author: Aileen Erin
From: Netgalley
Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy
Release Date: 22nd September 2015
Challenges: 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2015 New Release Challenge, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

With Luciana still on the loose, Tessa knows that there is only so much they can do to stop her. When she has a vision of the future she begins to worry about what it holds, and what it could take from her. With Luciana upping her attacks, not just on the wolves but also on the witches and other humans, the supernatural community finds itself forced to come out to the human world...with Tessa as its spokesperson.

I love this series. I just think that it keeps getting better and better. Alpha Unleashed kept me engrossed just as much as the previous books in the series, and I really didn't want to put it down (also my excitement showed in the fact that I read it before release day - though my review hiatus has pushed it's review back - as that's something I barely ever find myself doing).

Tessa and Dastien's relationship did move majorly forward in Alpha Unleashed, which was partly due to her cousin, Claudia's, return from Peru and the events in Bruja. I have found myself really engrossed in the characters and really care about them, so I was really pleased to see them happy.

Tessa is a great character, I like that she's a go getter and wanted the best for everyone. Even if she didn't 100% know what she was doing she would try to fix things. She was also a true team player, and went about things with her friends by her side.

The action in Alpha Unleashed was well written and really kept the pace of the story going. It flowed well and was interspersed with the rest of the story. The balance was definitely there and it worked well.

I've loved this series so far, and I really hope that this isn't the end for Tessa & co!