Thursday, 10 September 2015

A Kiss in the Dark by Lisa Fox

Title: A Kiss in the Dark
Author: Lisa Fox
From: Netgalley
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 18th June 2015
Challenges: COYER Scavenger Hunt, 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2015 New Release Challenge
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Playboy boxer Ryan has the dream life. One full of nameless women and the perfect job. When he gains his first client after only 6 months working at the Web Designers he gets more than he bargained for. Author Grace needs a website and she needs it now. Sent to one of the best she is assigned to Ryan, little realising that he could also be something that she needs. Battling with her father's illness and the stress of writing to a deadline, someone to lean on could be the answer.

I needed something romantic, and something quick to read and A Kiss in the Dark definitely provided that. I've read a Lisa Fox book before and knew that it would be sweet and romantic in all the right places, and I was right. This book definitely gave me what I was after when I picked it up.

Though for the most part the book was sweet and romantic, there was one heated scene between Grace and Ryan, though I felt that because of the rest of the book and the tone of the story, this worked well...even if it ultimately did result in a rather quick love situation.

It's literally taken until I sat down to write this review (which is days after reading the book!) to actually figure out why it is called A Kiss in the Dark. More so, now I've figured it out I actually feel really silly because it is a good name for the book and actually makes a lot of sense...ooops!

I liked Grace as a character, I think part of me could relate to her well, particularly with the stress and the deadlines she put on herself for her writing. There was also the way that she cared for her father, just the whole combination worked well for her as a character.

I enjoyed A Kiss in the Dark, it was precisely what I wanted it to be!