Friday, 7 August 2015

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

Title: The Princess Diaries
Series: The Princess Diaries (#1)
Author: Meg Cabot
From: Netgalley
Genre: Young Adult
Release Date: 25th June 2015 (Re-release)
Challenges: 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, COYER Scavenger Hunt
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Mia Thermopolis thinks that she's just a normal teenage girl, with normal teenage problems. Until she discovers that her father is actually the Prince of a small European principality and that she is the sole heir to his throne. Now forced to attend Princess Lessons with her Grandmère and enduring a feud with her best friend, Lily, Mia has to learn to live life as an 'out' royal. Meaning more attention, body guards and  brand new haircut.

This month is a month of re-reads apparently. I have to say that I am loving it! Just like re-reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone earlier in the month, rereading The Princess Diaries took me back into a world I already knew.

I couldn't help but notice that I picked up on different things while reading The Princess Diaries, like it completely slipped my attention previously that Mia could speak fluent French (which does make sense!) or that she actually liked her new haircut. I liked discovering more things about Mia!

Even though I had read the book before I found myself completely engrossed in the story, I really didn't want to put it down and found myself laughing aloud at some of Mia's comments and some of her antics. Even knowing where the story was going I still found it enjoyable!

I loved revisiting my reading past, and with this series being re-released I may find myself doing it more!