Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Like by JA Huss

Title: Like
Series: Social Media (#2)
Author: JA Huss
From: Social Box Set
Genre: Erotica, Romance, BDSM
Release Date: 10th September 2011
Challenges: COYER Summer Scavenger Hunt, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Vaughn doesn't like to take no for an answer, and he definitely doesn't want to take no from Grace. Now back from her fake honeymoon, Grace has a new job to focus on and yet she keeps getting filthy tweets from Vaughn Asher. If only she could stop thinking of him! When Vaughn takes things into his own hands Grace finds that she really can't resist him.

*fans self* MON DIEU! (French completely necessary!) Like was HOT! I mean I was expecting it to an extent because of Follow but it just kind of blew that out the water! The chemistry between Grace and Vaughn was through the roof and the sex scenes were down and dirty. One thing can be said for Huss with definite certainty; writing sex scenes is something she can do!

I did feel like the reader got to know more about Vaughn in Like though. Not just his determined and sexual side, but also in the protectiveness he shows to his adopted daughter, Felicity, and to his sister Samantha. It made him more human and definitely more relate-able than just a movie star!

I got so swept up in reading Like that the end came as a shock. I hadn't realised that I'd got that far until I was looking at the title page for Block (I read it as part of the box set) and then I had to be strong in order to impose my 'no two back to back books in a series or by the same author' rule! But I think I'll be getting back to Block soon!

It may have taken me a while to pick up Huss books, but I've enjoyed every one of them I've read so far!