Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Alpha Divided by Aileen Erin

Title: Alpha Divided
Series: Alpha Girl (#3)
Author: Aileen Erin
From: Netgalley
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy
Release Date: 14th October 2014
Challenges: 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Now that she has accepted her wolf, Tessa can't wait to be bonded to Dastien, except that she has a bad feeling in her gut. When Lucianna, the head of the Coven that Tessa should be running, turns up and demands that Tessa be handed over, things quickly go south. On Coven lands for a month, cut off from Dastien and not allowed to connect with her wolf, Tessa finds herself fighting against dark magic and coven politics.

I'm still not quite over the shock of how much I love this series. It was one of those series that I knew I'd like but surprised me with just how much I ended up loving it. I never quite know what to expect when I pick up the next book, and this one was no different. I vaguely knew what would go down but the way that it happened was nothing like I could have imagined. I apologise I think I'm rambling!

The relationship between Tessa and Dastien is still more of a side plot. Well kind of. It is hard to explain really. The two of them are important to the way the story works, and they make each other better and stronger people (well wolves) but they don't rely on each other to solve the problems in front of them.

It was interesting to learn more about the Brujas in Alpha Divided, up until this point they'd taken more of a back seat as Tessa learnt about her wolf. This went hand in hand with learning more about Claudia and Raphael as well. (I also have a theory about Claudia and her future but I'm keeping quiet on exactly what it is because it could be completely wrong!)

There was more politics involved in this book too, both within the coven and within the wolf pack, and I have a feeling that this will only increase with the next book! I'm also really interested to read about Claudia's journey and learn more about her!