Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Book: License to Date by Susan Hatler

Title: License to Date
Series: Better Date than Never (#6)
Author: Susan Hatler
From: Netgalley
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 14th January 2014
Challenges: 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge 
Links: Goodreads - Amazon 

Kaitlin doesn't want to date. Not since she found out that her fiancé was cheating on her. And cheating on her sister. But her friends, Ginger and Kristen, blackmail her into dating; 5 dates will get her free labour to redo her house. But while on date number 1, Kaitlin meets sexy bar tender, Paul, and though she never intended to be serious about the dating, she can't help but be drawn to her...

License to Date is a short and sweet romance. It's not the kind of romance where the characters get hot and heavy, but rather one focused on the sweeter side of dating, which made it a good read, sometimes its nice to take away the sex and focus more on the getting to know each other aspect.

I loved the intereactions between Kaitlin, Ginger and Kristen, though I did feel that if I'd maybe read previous books in the series then I would have a better grasp on their friendship, though I didn't feel that it was necessary. They felt and acted like best friends and I definitely liked that.

The relationship between Paul and Kaitlin was good as well. They were kind of in the realms of insta-love which I'm not a massive fan of, but because this was a sweet romance I can kind of over look it. Paul was really sweet and some of the gestures he made for Kaitlin were very well thought out. I thought that there was clearly more to him right from the off though.

This was a quick read, but it was fun and sweet, just what I needed!