Sunday, 7 June 2015

Book: Fallen by Stacy Claflin

Title: Fallen
Series: The Transformed (#0.5)
Author: Stacy Claflin
From: Story Cartel
Genre: Paranormal
Release Date: 2nd September 2013
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Samantha is a vampire, one that has aligned herself with Vince, one of the most powerful vampires around. Together she plans that they will recover the throne that her father lost, but one young girl could stand in her way. Sent to find a way to lure Magarite, the last thing that Samantha expects in Tanner Monroe or her attraction to him. Samantha has to choose what is most important to her; the love she feels for Tanner, or her place as a vampire leader...

This is one of those books that I just picked at random from the massive archives on my kindle and phone and just started to read. Now I'm not too sure what I think. I've read some reviews of book 1 in this series that don't seem all that positive, but I will admit I'm still kind of intrigued (and lets face it at some point I'll probably read it).

There was a moment where I thought Fallen was going to conform to the bad girl turned good formula, but I was very quickly proved wrong. From the beginning it is more or less clear that this time you're getting the point of view of the bad guys. Samantha and Vince are up to no good when it comes to Margarite, but there was always a question of how far she'd really go.

I did really like the way that the people around Samantha were reacting to the fact she was a vampire. For the most part they reacted with either fear or incrediability (depending on if they discovered it because she was feeding on them or if she told them). It seemd more realistic than simple acceptance. I also really liked the way that she reacted to Twilight that was just brilliant!

Tanner was sweet, which was a real contrast to Samantha's darker nature, but it did make me wonder why he was quite so trusting after everything that he'd been through before. Something seems a little off with their relationship and I do have to wonder how it will affect future events.