Wednesday, 1 April 2015

End of the Month Round Up (March)

Wow. It's the end of March already, that just seems to have passed like crazy! As I keep getting frustrated about, I'm still struggling for time a little bit with work and all the other stuff I'm crazy enough to do, but hopefully I'll be more in the swing of it soon! 

This is also my challenge update!

Costs of the Month

Since January I've been keeping track of how much I should have been spending on books (i.e. if the ARCs and review copies I'm lucky enough to receive actually cost me money) and how much I actually do spend. To be honest I'm already pretty shocked at how much I've saved.

The Total Cost of Books I've Read in March: £85.00
The Total Spent on Books I've Read in March: £10.53

The Total Cost of Books I've Read This Year: £248.01
The Total Spent on Books I've Read This Year: £21.58

Challenge Updates


Because reading is better than real life

Resolution #1 Listen to 4 Audiobooks This Year
I've now listened to one audiobook: Wind Chime Caféby Sophie Moss
Resolution #2 Read 1 'Classic' This Month
I'm changing this resolution to 12 classics this year, I'm not eligable for the prize anyway so figure I'm safe to do this (just don't tell Michelle!)
Resolution #3 Read 6 Netgalley Books This Month
I've read 6 Netgalley books this month!
Resolution #4 Read 2 Bought Books This Month
I read 5 books that I bought this month. 
Resolution #5 Finish One of My Writing Projects
I've done so badly at this one that I started a new project (oops!) But I did get some great advice from an Author friend that I think will help!

2015HWLogo

I did slightly better at getting this one done this month!
This Time by Marie Hall 
Wait by Ryan Ringbloom
You Are Mine by Janeal Falor
A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway
Goal: 48 Books (4 Books a Month) 
Read: 12 Books

Falling For YA

Added this month: 
Fake Boobs by Ryan Ringbloom 
Vanilla by Megan Hart
Game Play by Lynda Aicher
Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor
You Are Mine by Janeal Falor
A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway
Goal: 75 Books
Read: 28 Books



Now this one I've done well on! 
Rebellious Prince (#2 Captured by a Dragon Shifter) = 2 points
Sworn to Ascension (#6 Courtlight) = 2 points
This Time (#3 Moments) = 12 points
Crashing into Love (#20 Love in Bloom) = 2 points
Refuge (#2 Klawdia) = 2 points
The Playful Prince (#2 Lords of the Var) = 2 points
Parker's Honor (#2 Procter Springs Shifter) = 1 point
Moon's Flower (#6 Kingdom) = 2 points
Wait (#2 Fast) = 2 points 
Goal: 101+ Points
Read: 61 Points


Added this month: 
Animal by Nikki Rae 
Rebellious Prince by Michelle M Pillow
Fake Boobs by Ryan Ringbloom 
The Space Captain's Courtesan by KC Klein 
Adapted for Film by Stacey Rourke 
Sworn to Ascension by Terah Edun 
Vanilla by Megan Hart 
Crashing into Love by Melissa Foster 
Game Play by Lynda Aicher 
Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor 
Aurora by Amos Cassidy 
Separation Zone by Mandy M Roth
Goal: 31-45 Books 
Read: 16 Books

Read This Month: 

Because I'm yet to do this the same each month...I though this time I'd do it by author.

Adams, David

Aicher, Lynda
Game Play (Power Play #1)

Cassidy, Amos

Colt, KJ
Bear Heart (Klawdia #1)
Refuge (Klawdia #2)

Edun, Terah
Sworn to Ascension (Courtlight #6)

Falor, Janeal
You Are Mine (Mine #1)

Foster, Melissa
Crashing into Love (Love in Bloom #20)

Hall, Marie
Moon's Flower (Kingdom #6)
This Time (Moments #3)

Hart, Megan

Holloway, Emma Jane
A Study in Silks (The Baskerville Affair #1)

Klein, KC

Lackey, Mercedes & Dixon, Larry

Moss, Sophie

Pillow, Michelle M 
His Frost Maiden (Space Lords #1)
The Playful Prince (Lords of the Var #2)
Rebellious Prince (Captured by a Dragon Shifter #2)
Romancing the Recluse (Stop Dragon My Heart Around #1)
The Savage King (Lords of the Var #1)

Rae, Nikki

Ringbloom, Ryan
Wait (Fast #2)

Roth, Mandy M 
King of Prey (King of Prey #1) 
Parker's Honor (Procter Springs Shifter #2)
Separation Zone (Immortal Ops #7)

Rourke, Stacey