Thursday, 2 April 2015

Book: His Frost Maiden by Michelle M Pillow

Title: His Frost Maiden
Series: Space Lords (#1)
Author: Michelle M Pillow
From: Review Copy
Genre: Romance, Sci-Fi
Release Date: 1st September 2011
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

When Evan Cormier finds and helps save Lady Josselyn Craven, the last thing he expects is to feel so connected with her. As am empath, Evan is used to knowing what the people around him think and feel, but Josselyn is different. Josselyn has been frozen for more than 100 years, and now only one thing really on her mind is vengence. And Evan...

Space Lords, and His Frost Maiden, is another series related to the Dragon Lords and Lords of the Var series, but one thing I couldn't help but enjoy was the more varied sci-fi elements in the book. Whereas the other two series are set on planet, His Frost Maiden was set more in space and I very much enjoyed that.

His Frost Maiden is set after the Lords of the Var series (which I haven't actually finished yet) so some things were revealed that I hadn't yet known about, but I didn't think that that was really a problem! I enjoyed meeting Lochlann and Jarek, both of whom had been mentioned in previous books but I hadn't yet met!

I really liked Josselyn as a character. Despite the fact that her societey was (purposefully) based on medieval Earth, she seemed to have grown up as an equal to the men around her and could hold her own. She also had a good grasp on the politics around her. I liked the fact that her and Evan felt like equals from the beginning!

The relationship between Evan and Josselyn was fairly slow burning. They admitted their attraction for each other from the beginning, and even acted on it fairly quickly (well after a few weeks anyway) but admitting that they cared for each other came a lot later on.

I loved reading about the crew and the other characters in His Frost Maiden, and am excited to find out more in future books!