Saturday, 25 April 2015

Book: Covet by Felicity Heaton

Title: Covet
Series: Vampire Erotic Theatre (#1)
Author: Felicity Heaton
From: Amazon
Genre: Erotica, Paranormal Romance
Release Date: 14th January 2012
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

To touch another Vampire's bonded human is a death sentance, one that will cause harm to the human with every touch. Despite knowing he is playing with fire, Javier can't help the draw that he feels for Lilah. When he comes across her in a box watching a show, his barely constrained restraint fractures. But will the two of them coming together cause his death and hers?

Covet is most definitely paranormal erotic fiction, and there were several scenes that had a definite heat level. I read Covet because reviews of Felicity Heaton's books keep coming up on fellow bloggers' blogs and I needed to try one of her books, Covet is just the first one that I have. And am I glad I did!

When the book wasn't focusing on sex, there was a well thought out and explored back story, including the mythology and other details relating to vampires and the humans they interact with. Each author seems to have a different take on vampires, and I enjoyed this blend of the violent side with the more romantisied side.

There were few side characters in Covet, and other than Javier and Lilah, not many of them got particularly expanded upon. However I have found myself now intrigued by them and want to know more about them, particularly Javier's partners in the theatre.

This was a good read, I'm glad I listened when other bloggers enjoyed Heaton's books!