Friday, 10 April 2015

Book: Act of Mercy by Mandy M Roth

Title: Act of Mercy
Series: PSI Ops (#1)
Author: Mandy M Roth
From: Review Copy
Genre: Paranormal, Romance
Challenges: N/A
Release Date: 3rd March 2014
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Dr Mercy Deluca knows that something is fundamentally wrong with what the Corporation and what it is doing, and with the help of one of the test subjects, she secretly contacts an unknown source for help. Duke can't help but feel that Mercy isn't the bad person they think she is, even if he's never actually met her. Something draws him to her and it doesn't take him long to figure out that he's found his one true mate.

Act of Mercy drew me into the story at a startling speed! Both with Mercy and Duke as main characters. There was something about both of them that I instantly liked and I didn't feel like I had to warm to them at all! Plus the chemistry between them worked well, even if they didn't get a chance to act on it for a while!

Mercy was a character to say the least. I definitely liked having a quirky woman as the main character, and it went along with her incrediable brains. She was smart, as well as good looking, though I didn't feel like much time was given over to her looks, more to her personality and her brains! It was a good thing for sure! I also liked that she had no idea what her own heritage was, though that is an intrigueing thought!

Though what the Corporation (and other like organisations that were hinted at) did was terrible, I liked the idea that that is how some of the world reacts to supernatural presences. It makes sense that not everyone would be accepting, and that some people would go to extreme lengths to use that to their advantage. It seemed realistic.

I really liked the comaraderie between the members of the team as well, there was plenty of banter to go along with what was real affection and it felt as if they really were a team. I appreciate it when each secondary character is well thought out and made into more than just a name, and I'm definitely looking forward to learning mroe about them all in the next books!