Sunday, 1 March 2015

End of the Month Round Up (February)

OH MY! It's the end of February...when did that happen? (Well I'd actually somehow managed to convince myself that it was the end of February last weekend but oh well!) Sticking with last month's format for my End of the Month Round Up, this is also now my challenge update, especially necessary now I have so many! Of course it should be said that I am reading a llittle bit less now that I'm working full time, though not too much less!

Costs of the Month

Since January I've been keeping track of how much I should have been spending on books (i.e. if the ARCs and review copies I'm lucky enough to receive actually cost me money) and how much I actually do spend. To be honest I'm already pretty shocked at how much I've saved.

The Total Cost of Books I've Read in February:
The Total Spent on Books I've Read in February:

The Total Cost of Books I've Read This Year:
The Total Spent on Books I've Read This Year:

Challenge Updates


Because reading is better than real life

Resolution #1 Listen to 4 Audiobooks This Year
Ok so I'll admit that there isn't that much progress going on for this resolution. I have started an audiobook, and I'm kind of hating it. 
Resolution #2 Read 1 'Classic' This Month
This Month I've read The Two Towers by JR Tolkein
Resolution #3 Read 6 Netgalley Books This Month
I read 6 Netgalley Books this month and DNF one (after getting 25% in, which counts because it's my challenge :-P ) 
Resolution #4 Read 2 Bought Books This Month
I read 6 books that I bought this month. 
Resolution #5 Finish One of My Writing Projects
Yes...not going all that well really, could definitely be doing better, I'm just too tired to write. 

2015HWLogo

Yes so I caught this one fine again. But not quite as fine as last month! This month I read: 
A Moment by Marie Hall 
Just Now by Marie Hall
The Boleyn Reckoning by Laura Andersen
The Catalyst by Chris Reher
Goal: 48 Books (4 Books a Month) 
Read: 8 Books

Falling For YA

I read 6 books for this challenge this month, and DNF another book.
Goal: 75 Books
Read: 21 Books


I have complete my COYER challenge this month! Yey! There was a short space of time where I thought I might not but got lucky!
Goal: 80 Books
Read: 84 Books


I only started this challenge this month, and have chosen not to back date the challenge, so anything from January that could count does not. 
Goal: 101+ Points
Read: 30 Points


Another one that I am not back dating and have only started this month. 
Goal: 31-45 Books 
Read: 3 Books

Read This Month: 

DNF Report: 

5 Stars: 
  • Spark Rising by Kate Corcinco
  • The Boleyn Reckoning by Laura Andersen
4 Stars: 
  • How (not) to Play with Magic by Elizabeth A Reeves
  • A Moment by Marie Hall
  • Sing for Me by Gracie Madison
  • Austin by S L Scott
  • The Stubborn Lord by Michelle M Pillow
  • Destined by Michelle M Pillow
  • Three Two One (321) by JA Huss
  • Call of the Lycan by Michelle M Pillow
  • Spice by Scarlet Smith 
  • Hidden Violet by Vivian Winslow
  • Blaze of Glory by Mandy M Roth
  • The Reluctant Lord by Michelle M Pillow
  • Devils Among Us by Mandy M Roth
  • Remote by Lisa Acerbo
  • Right Now by Marie Hall
  • The Guardians by Mandy M Roth
  • The Impatient Lord by Michelle M Pillow
  • Chosen by Nina Croft
3 Stars: 
  • The Obsession by Lilianna Lee
  • Last Man on Earth by Michelle M Pillow
  • Wicked Wants by Cayla Kluver
  • Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss
2 Stars: