Saturday, 28 March 2015

Book: Wait by Ryan Ringbloom

Title: Wait
Series: Fast (#2)
Author: Ryan Ringbloom
From: Story Cartel
Genre: Young Adult/New Adult, Romance
Release Date: 28th October 2013
Challenges: 2015 Reading Assignment Challenge, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Tessa was made fun of at school for being a prude. But High School is over now and she has camp to find herself before going to college. Convinced that waiting is right for her, the last thing she expects to happen is meeting Tucker, someone she thinks she should avoid and yet can't seem to. Mark and Cassie have waited too long, now totally fixed in the friend zone, they try to help each other hook up at camp, but things don't always go to plan.

I haven't been let down by a Ryan Ringbloom book yet, and Wait was no exception. The characters were believable and likeable, in a way that makes it easy to find something relatable about them. In the case of Wait the characters are the opposite of what they were in Fast, instead of rushing into sex, they often waited too long (or just a while). For some of them it worked and for some it didn't. But most importantly all of them had their issues.

I'll be honest, all I know about camps and the going to college culture is based on film and books, we don't really do it in the same way over here, but I found myself quickly drawn into it and felt like I was there with the characters. Not in an overly described way.

I was slightly worried that after Fast, I'd find Tessa a bit annoying and frustrating. But actually when it came down to it, I think that she was one of the most level headed of all of the characters, though she didn't come without her quirks. Her relationship with Tucker was unbelievably sweet. He wasn't perfect, but he did try his best, which really showed.

Mark and Cassie's relationship was one that just made you want to bang their heads together in places. They were obviously perfect for one another, and would work well, and yet neither of them seemed to want to play ball with that one!

I really enjoyed Wait, I like that Ringbloom uses the split POV for the girls first and then the boys, I think it works well, particularly with knowing the motivations behind the actions!