Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Anthology: Moving Targets by Larry Dixon & Mercedes Lackey

Title: Moving Targets
Anthology: Fierce
Author: Larry Dixon & Mercedes Lackey
From: Review Copy
Genre: Fantasy
Release Date: 11th February 2014
Anthology Release Date: 10th March 2015
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Anthology Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Elyn is a Herald, and much to her dismay she has four brand new Heralds that need to learn the ropes. As much as she is concerned about their start, the four prove their worth when they come across a 'haunted' village that needs their help...

Moving Targets is a great start to the anthology, though it is only a quick read. I certianly felt that I wanted to know more about the world, and think that when I have a chance I will end up investigatng the authors' world more.

One thing that did strike me though, and I'm not 100% sure whether it was purposeful or not, was that some of the interactions and the characters reminded me a bit of Scooby Doo, which I know sounds a bit strange in a fantasy book but I still thought they were there! I actually quite liked it!

Moving Targets has definitely got me interested in seeing what else Fierce has in store!