Sunday, 8 February 2015

The Sunday Post #11


Real Life
So I was trying to think what to put in here...and came up with not a lot really. I got my car back on Sunday afternoon, and now worry a bit everytime I hear a weird noise when driving! Basically there's no excitement going on because I work everyday, sometimes two different jobs in one day (and work for the family company in between) and its taking a bit of a toll on me. I'm also a bit confused about where I actually found the time to read this week! Not that I'm complaining!

The only other real news is that my publisher asked for Cover Concepts. In theory this is great news, in practice it has me majorly panicking because I seem to have had a block. Though having thought about it one idea does seem to be growing on me!

Read This Week
As I said above, I'm crazy busy at the moment, yet somehow I found the time to actually read. Though this week has definitely been a week for reading bought books rather than review copies apparently. I was emotionally hit by A Moment for a start, and Sing for Me was definitely one that dragged me in. Also I finally got my copy of Wool out of my box of books in the garage so I'll start reading that soon (I was reminded by reading Destined).





Costs of the Week
Total Should have Spent: £10.65
Did Spend: £3.90

February to date: 
£10.65
£3.90

Year to date: 
£103.78
£8.56

Reviews This Week

Cinderella The Wicked Truth by Kelli Wolfe
Stardust by Neil Gaiman
A Dangerous Expectation by Cecilia Gray
A Flirtatious Rendezvous by Cecilia Gray
A Duchess in the Dark by Kate McKinley
Sing for Me by Gracie Maddison
Fallen by Susan Kaye Quinn
Promise by Susan Kaye Quinn
Ruthless by Susan Kaye Quinn
Passion by Susan Kaye Quinn
Last Man on Earth by Michelle M Pillow
Destined by Michelle M Pillow
The Stubborn Lord by Michelle M Pillow

How (Not) to Play with Magic by Elizabeth A Reeves (Goodreads Review)
Challenge Updates

Because reading is better than real life
January Passed!
I basically just seemed to work on my bought books this week, with most of my books counting!

2015HWLogo
January Passed!
I've read one book for this this week, A Moment by Marie Hall.  A Moment
Goal: 48 Books (4 Books a Month)
Read: 5 Books

Falling For YA
Ooops...no books this week for this one!
Goal: 75 Books
Read: 15 Books


All 8 of my books count towards Winter COYER this week!
Goal: 80 Books
Read: 69 Books


I read one book for this challenge this week! Ding for Me by Gracie Maddison. I did only start this challenge this week though!
Goal: 31-45 Books
Read: 1 Book


The Winter COYER Scavanger Hunt Read-a-Thon ends today, and I have to say I don't think I did too badly! The rules were that a list was provided of things we had to find in COYER eligable books. I don't think I've ever been so excited to find a fully clothed man on a book cover! I'm pretty sure I scored 25 points in the end, which I do think is pretty respectable!
Here's what I read: 
Destined by Michelle M Pillow (1 point, #4 one word title)
The Boleyn Deceit by Laura Andersen (1 point, #5 purple on the cover)
Tales of the Jazz Age by F Scott Fitzgerlad (2 points, #7 set in 1920s alternatively #3 set in a country you don't live in)
Fast by Ryan Ringbloom (#18 authors initials could be found in COYER, also #3 set in a country you do not live & #4 one word title)
Austin by S L Scott (5 points, #3 set in a country you do not live, #4 one word title, #9 fully clothed man, #13 author uses initials)
How (Not) to Play with Magic by Elizabeth A Reeves (5 points, #1 cartoon character on cover, #5 purple on the cover, #20 has a page count made up of numbers from 2015)
The Obssession by Liliana Lee (5 points, #3 set in a country you do not live, #10 body part on the cover)

Yeah I'm pretty sure I did alright!