Sunday, 1 February 2015

The Sunday Post #10

The Sunday Post

Real Life

For one of the first times I feel like I'm totally at loss for what to put here. I feel like I've had a really rubbish week but can't quite figure out why. Oh well one of those things I guess. My biggest event of this week has been that my car is in for repairs, and despite only being able to drive for just over a month I'm actually feeling pretty lost without it! Oh and there's been some snow, but it was pretty pathetic really!

Read This Week

So my reading this week...The Boleyn Deceit dragged me straigh back into Andersen's alternative history, and even after I'd finished I wanted to be straight back in! Fast gave me something I've been after for ages...real teenage relationships, it is seriously worth a read that one! And Tales of the Jazz Age reassured me that my dislike of The Great Gatsby isn't an anomaly, I just genuinely don't like Fitzgerald's writing.



Costs of the Week

This week my reading (which includes the book I am currently reading) should have cost: £16.95, however I actually spent £0.00 on the books that I've read. 

Reviews of the Week 

Chosen by Michelle M Pillow
Stranded by Michelle M Pillow
The Uninvited by Jill Cooper
Dawning Apocalypse by Jill Cooper
Jealousy by S L Scott
The Boleyn King by Laura Andersen
The Boleyn Deceit by Laura Andersen
All That Burns by Ryan Graudin
Guilty Pleasures by Jane O'Reilly
The Pleasure Principle by Jane O'Reilly
Fast by Ryan Ringbloom
His Highness the Duke by Michelle M Pillow 

Tales of the Jazz Age by F Scott Fitzgerald (on Goodreads not my blog)

Other Posts of the Week 

2015 Bookish Resolutions: January Progress Report
Sunday Post #9

Challenge Updates
Because reading is better than real life
Resolution 1: Listen to 4 Audiobooks this Year
I've started an audiobook at least 
Resolution 2: Read 1 'classic' a month
This month I read Tales of the Jazz Age by F Scott Fitzgerald
Resolution 3: Read at least 6 Netgalley Books a month
I read 14 Netgalley books this month
Resolution 4: Read at least 2 bought books a month 
I read 5 bough books this month
Resolution 5: Complete 1 writing poject this year
Cloaked is coming along, I now have more than the prologue and epilogue written!

2015HWLogo

I was getting really worried this week because I'd only read 2 Reading Assignment books, however somehow I did manage to get 2 more in meaning that I have completed the January part of my challenge! The Boleyn Deceit by Laura Andersen and Fast by Ryan Ringbloom both counted towards this challenge.
Goal: 48 Books (4 Books a Month) 
Read: 4 Books
January Passed

Falling For YA

I read 2 books for this challenge this week, The Boleyn Deceit and All That Burns, the latter being the only Edelweiss book that I've read for this challenge so far! 
Goal: 75 Books 
Read: 15 Books


All 6 of my books this week count towards COYER, meaning that I am well on my way to meeting my target! At least I think I am...pretty sure I can read 19 books in 4 weeks!
Goal: 80 books 
Read: 61 books