Sunday, 8 February 2015

Book: Havoc by Autumn Grey

Having suffered from a waning marriage and her husband leaving her, Selene gets back on form with the intention of modelling once again. As a plus sized model she knows that her work is important, and going to Paris to do it has another advantage; having some fun. But little does Selene expect to run into Remington St Germain, painter, hotelier, father, and one of the sexiest men she's ever seen. Instantly attracted to one another, Selene and Remington come together in an explosive way.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

I read Havoc because Brandee @ Bookworm Brandee recommended it and it's sequel, and I am really glad I listened! There was just something about Havoc that had me captivated from the very first page.

Though Havoc was predominantly a romance, the pacing felt different. This wasn't in a bad way, and I found it different and somewhat refreshing, but it was noticeable. Part of me wants to say the pacing felt a bit more like a thriller, but I don't think that's quite right either. It's hard to explain, but created an engaging and enjoyable read.

The chemistry between Selene and Remington was intense, but there was also more to it than that. They seemed to actually have something in common and neither of them were actually opposed to anything happening between them which made a refreshing change. It definitely felt more complex than 'let's bang' at least!

I loved Selene's interactions with Remington's son, it was so reminisant of children and how they respond to new people that it just worked for me! Though it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, being around St Germain Jnr, Selene often felt the loss associated with losing her own child, and that made her a deeper character.

It was incrediably refreshing to have a larger female character whose weight wasn't made a big deal of. Selene looked after herself, but still had those annoying features like a tummy bump, which most women have reallly. It made her relateable but it also made you want to proud of your own body. I liked seeing that.

Havoc was a great read, and I'm looking forward to continueing the story!

Havoc counts towards Winter COYER