Saturday, 31 January 2015

2015 Bookish Resolutions: January Progress Report


I can't believe it's the end of January already! It's been a crazy month for me it must be said, though I've still had time to do plenty of reading! There's still time to sign up for Bookish Resolutions by visiting mine or Michelle's blog!

I must say I've been getting a little over excited each time I realised that someone new had signed up for this challenge! It's the first time I've ever hosted, and even with Michelle reassuring me in the background I was still a little worried about it!

So here's my update for my Resolutions!

Resolution 1: Listen to 4 Audiobooks this year.

Well I started one...does that count? I guess this is the resolution I'm doing badly on!

Resolution 2: Read 1 'classic' book a month

I've done this one (ish). The ish is because by the time this post has gone live I'll have finished Tales of the Jazz Age by F Scott Fitzgerald, but as of this moment (while I'm actually writing) I haven't finished.

Resolution 3: Read at least 6 Netgalley books this month

I didn't actually keep track of how many Netgalley books I read after the first 6, so now I have to go back over all I've read this month to figure it out! And all my Netgalley reads have helped me to up my % by 1.3! Might not seem like a lot, but with the number of unread Netgalley books I have, it definitely is!

  1. Guilty Pleasures by Jane O'Reilly
  2. The Boleyn King by Laura Andersen
  3. Blind Passion by Bonnie Dee
  4. Zoey Rogue by Lizzy Ford
  5. Eternity by Tmonique Stephens
  6. Freak of Nature by Julia Crane
  7. Everlasting by Tmonique Stephens 
  8. A Dangerous Expectation by Cecilia Gray
  9. A Flirtatious Rendezvous by Cecilia Gray 
  10. Purenet by HJ Lawson
  11. Evermore by Tmonique Stephens
  12. The Pleasure Principle by Jane O'Reilly
  13. The Observations of a Curious Governess by Viveka Portman
  14. The Boleyn Deceit by Laura Andersen
Resolution 4: Read 2 books a month that have been bought

Managed this one! Well actually I more than managed this one, I was quite impulsive in my reading this month!
  1. Cinderella the Wicked Truth by Keli Wolfe
  2. Jealousy by S L Scott
  3. A Duchess in the Dark by Kate McKinley
  4. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Frank Bukowski
  5. Havoc by Autumn Grey

Resolution 5: Complete one of my writing projects.

This is kind of a hard one to measure because of the fact that I haven't actually set myself any word targets for any of them. But I have done a fair bit of work on Cloaked, the sequel to Awakening. At the end of December I'd written 5740 words, now I'm at 8062. More than that though, I'm now into the 'bulk' of the story, rather than the scene setting beginning and the (even for me writing it!) annoyingly dramatic ending. As I was writing I did end up coming up with how to use the ending in the next book (which I do already have a name for!)

So now it's YOUR turn! Link up below and let us all know how your resolutions have gone!