Tuesday, 30 December 2014

2014 End of Year Book Survey



reading-stats-2014

Number Of Books You Read: 473 (unless I finish another today or tomorrow)
Number of Re-Reads: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: Good question, probably romance but I don't think it will be by many!

 best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?

This is too difficult a question...I'm going to go with No Weddings by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion, the book (and then the series) had me captivated from the very first page. 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Big Girls Do It Better by Jasinda Wilder. Well I thought I'd really like it, then read Michelle's review and talked to her so was unsure. Ended up really disliking it. 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 

The Gladiator's Bride by Nhys Glover, I picked it up on a whim to choose a new genre and was surprised to find I really loved it.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?

Oh...well this was probably Books, Blogs & Reality by Ryan Ringbloom, though I'm not sure how many people have actually read it, but a lot one clicked it because of me talking about it (oops!)

 5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?

 No Weddings by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion (series is the same as book one, then there is One Funeral, Two Bar Mitzvahs, Three Christmases and For Valentine's all of which have been fantastic). Best series ender has to go to Shattered Bonds by Lynda Aicher, that book had me in tears.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?

Where to even start with this one! Alicia Michaels, Lauren Nicolle Taylor, Michelle M Pillow, Sabrina Lacey...


7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

The Gladiator's Bride by Nhys Glover 

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Depends on the mood I was in at the time so I can't really answer this one!

 9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

 Honestly, probably none of them, too many other books to read not because they lack awesomeness!

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?


Sorry I chose 4...but that's not even 1% of the books I've read so that's not too bad!




11. Most memorable character of 2014?

 Cade Michaelson, never had a male character who has stuck with me quite so much but he was super sweet, cute and more than a little sexy! (From No Weddings)

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?

Hands down The Wright Brother by Marie Hall. Such a beautiful book.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?

 I'd probably go with Blue Rose by Sarah Daltry or Carrier by Anne Tibbets

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 

Before Midnight by Jennifer Blackstream...mostly cause it turned out I had it from Netgalley anyway... 

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?

From one of the I Love My... books by Sabrina Lacey (can't remember which one!)
We never know what's going to happen when we wake up in the morning, do we? I mean wow! There's no use in planning. Just ride the wave...that's all we can do. And tell our girlfriends about it, of course.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

Longest: Wasteland Renegades by Kristene Perron & Joshua Simpson
Shortest: Danika's Surprise by Marie Hall

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Shattered Bonds by Lynda Aicher, the car crash in chapter one just got me. I woke up the next morning and my first thought was 'Are Kendra and Tyler ok?'

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Cade and Hannah from No Weddings, it is just so right.

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Rue Calliwell and Jack Stone from Stand Close by Sabrina Lacey...nothing like sibling rivalry!

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Anything from Terah Edun!

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

 I don't really do this though...mostly others encourage me to read books that are already on my TBR list. Though I will be reading Cutlass solely based on other people's advice...oh wait there was one! Come by JA Huss.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?

 Cade Michaelson. I need one of those.

23. Best 2014 debut you read?

Good question...I'll have to find which books I've read have been debuts! 

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

 Wasteland Renegades by Kristene Perron and Joshua Simpson, the world building in that was just fantastic. Also, Alterra by Zachary Bonelli, he writes fantastic worlds!

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

The No Weddings series, I was laughing aloud and feeling the fun right along with them!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?

 Shattered Bonds by Lynda Aicher, Carrier by Anne Tibbets, Blue Rose by Sarah Daltry, to name a few!

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Throbbing Hearts by Sabrina Lacey...well and the rest of the Hearts series, they're brilliant and real!

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

 Shattered Bonds in a completely good way, but those characters really got to me. 

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?

 Books, Blogs & Reality by Ryan Ringbloom

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

.The Babysitter by Dark Inferno. Mad in a very VERY bad way. Mainly because of how stereotyped it made the characters (20 year olds don't normally go Hello Kitty crazy either.)

book-blogging


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 

 For the sake of a short answer...there are a lot!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 

 The review that I wrote for the anthology I was a part of, because it drove home that maybe I actually could do this writing thing!

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

 My post about sex in books. I got a lot of frustration out in that post and it turns out a lot of people agreed with me!

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

 COYER definitely! And the online blogging community that it created!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?

 I had a moment when I realised that I was actually being noticed as a blogger. That would probably be it!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

Shady Lady by Adrienne deWolfe (I think)

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

There are a few, particularly when I've read a really good book!

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Tsu, though I know it isn't a completely bookish site, that does seem to be what my network uses it for!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Yes! Though only the Goodreads challenge (I set myself a goal of 365 books) and Summer COYER (my goal was 75) completed both as well!


looking-ahead-books-2015


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?

Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

Oh there was one and I now can't remember what it was...damn.

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

I haven't really thought about this so much...I like seeing where the year takes me!

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

The Heir by Keira Cass, definitely one I can't wait to see

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?

I hope to accomplish running a challenge smoothly!

6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

Hmmm not too sure on this front, For Valentine's was a great read but it's book 4.5!