Thursday, 13 November 2014

Meme: Life of a Blogger (Unpopular Opinions)

http://novelheartbeat.com/life-blogger/

Life of a Blogger is a weekly meme hosted by Novel Heartbeat and this is the first week that I've written a post so I'm a bit nervous! The idea is that the topics centre around non-book related things to get to know bloggers better. So here we go...

Unpopular Opinions

I'm guessing, but I'm not 100% sure that this is unpopular opinions that I have on things...so here we go. 

Food
Unpopular opinion #1: I hate baked beans. I've only ever met 3 people who share my hatred for baked beans, everyone else just thinks that I'm a little crazy. There's just something about them that I really don't like.

Unpopular Opinion #2: Mashed potatoes. I despise the texture, again most people seem to think I'm strange for not liking them. 

Unpopular Opinion #3: I don't like my own Lemon Meringue Pie. This is obviously a very specific one! I make Lemon Meringue Pie for my workplace and everyone raves about it being good...but I don't actually like it. (By that I mean I don't actually like it in general, there's nothing particularly wrong with it!) 

Films

Unpopular Opinion #1: I hated Burn After Reading. Don't know exactly what it was about it, but I hated it. 

Unpopular Opinion #2: Whenever I point out historical inaccuracies of the use of the Tricolor Flag in Les Miserables. Every time I voice the complaint I get told to shut up (despite having done modules in French History at University)

TV 

Unpopular Opinion #1: Game of Thrones kind of bored me...to the point where I'm still not up to date with the episodes. I lost interest when I spent more time yelling cause something was change than actually watching. 

Books

I know we're not supposed to talk about books, but mentioning Game of Thrones above made me remember the unpopular opinions I have about aSoIaF and how me and my friends often end up in debates about it while drinking (normal I know)

Unpopular Opinion #1: Tyrion Lannister annoys the hell out of me. Seriously he does, my friends gang up on me whenever I suggest he is less than perfect. 

Unpopular Opionon #2: Goes a little hand in hand...I actually really like Sansa Stark. She grew on me. 

Unpopular Opinion #3: SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Jon Snow is not dead. Ok maybe not an unpopular opinion in general, but considering I've shouted across a pub 'Jon Snow is NOT dead' at my friend, I'd say its pretty unpopular with him.