Sunday, 23 November 2014

Book: Graceful Acceptance by Paloma Beck

I received a copy of Graceful Acceptance from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

Grace knows that she is the last sister to mate, and knows that she has to do so to fulfil the prophecy, there's just one problem; Grace has never been attracted to men. Confusing her even more have been the dreams about her best friend, Davina, in which they have been far more than friends, but Grace doesn't know what to do. Davina has known that Grace is her mate for a while, but has been waiting for her to be ready. Though there's another shock waiting for Grace, when it is revealed that Davina isn't her only mate, and the shock upsets her...until she meets Trevor that is.

Link to Goodreads

I've read the rest of the Seven Sin Sisters books and was eager to find out how the series was going to end, particularly after the threat was removed in the last book. Though my favourite sister remains Paige, I do think that Graceful Acceptance was the best written book in the series.

I didn't really know what to expect with the ending, but I found that it worked, the promised end to the prophecy came about (in a way that surprised me, though I had no idea how it would work!) and the story eneded happily for the seven sisters, and their various mates.

The way that the relationship worked was interesting, especially because I could look at it more objectively than in the other books (i.e. I'm much less distracted by descriptions of two women having sex). Grace was shy, there's no question about that, and that made her reacting to Davina and Trevor more reserved. But they both thought about her and both worked around her shyness, and then Grace seemed to blossom.

This series has been great, its been original and interesting with a variety of characters, and Graceful Acceptance was a good ending, which also mirrored the first book, Lustful Cravings, in a lot of ways, meaning it did feel like an ending.