Saturday, 6 September 2014

End of #COYER Summer Vacation Update


I can't believe its the end of #COYER, I've had great fun over the past couple of months, and have loved talking to other book lovers over at the #COYER facebook group (not to mention the side tangents that we went on...still feeling slightly guilty about the series of comments about the Wright Brother that me and Berls went on!).

At the beginning of summer I challenged myself to read a book a day, which would make 76 books...except I kind of had to rethink that once I got past that, and challenged myself to reach double figures. So my final #COYER total was actually 101 books...yep I worry myself sometimes too!

I've found some great series this #COYER, read some great new books by authors I already loved, and found some new ones too! I also read several books that I've been meaning to get to for a while but hadn't, and boy am I glad that I did! There were a fair few sequels in my reading pile this #COYER, one of my favourites being Athena's Ashes by Jamie Grey (Star Thief Chronicles) and Wasteland Renegades by Kristene Perron and Joshua Simpson (Warpworld). For contemporary romance I finished the Hearts series by Sabrina Lacey, and read her other series I Love My..., if you like your romance funny and real then those are definitely a couple of series to check out! Other books have included Amos Cassidy's new series (or what's out of them!) Tales from Beyond the Veil (Riding Red, Tainted Snow and Sleeping with Beauty) and Marie Hall's Kingdom Series which I've been meaning to read for ages (Her Mad Hatter, Gerard's Beauty, Red and Her Wolf and Jinni's Wish).

Of course as several of you may have guessed one of the big highlights for me was The Wright Brother by Marie Hall, which was such a moving and beautiful book that I'm still not over it! Another was the anthology Touched by Shadow Caressed by Light, because reading that was reading the stories that my own had been published alongside!

The kind of worrying thing is that there are still so many books that I want to mention! I discovered the series I hadn't previously read of Alicia Michaels, The Lost Kingdom of Fallada, and couldn't stop laughing through Marine for Hire by Tawna Fenske. And I still want to mention more but am going to have to refrain! The list of all 101 books that I read is below, not all of the reviews have been published yet, but the ones that have been are all linked up!

I've read several reviews (and intend to read more!) of the other #COYER participants and have ended up with several MORE books on my TBR pile! I've also particularly enjoyed reading reviews of books that I've read as well to see how they compared!

Thanks for a great summer Michelle & Kimberly, you've been fantastic co-hosts!


The Books

Netgalley Books (some netgalley books are also under tours, they'll have (NG) next to them): 18

  1. Blood Crown by Ali Cross
  2. Shadowed Spirit by Paloma Beck
  3. Not Your Damn Submissive by Amy Valenti
  4. Inescapable by Saskia Walker
  5. Uninhibited by Melody Grace 
  6. Slave Girl by Lisa Cach
  7. The Private Affairs of Lady Jane Fielding by Viveka Portman
  8. Unrequited by Melody Grace
  9. Marine for Hire by Tawna Fenske
  10. Lover Unknown by Ellie Kincade
  11. One Night of Sin by Elle Kennedy
  12. Coming Home by Paloma Beck (RR) 
  13. Yours to Uncover by Mel Teshco
  14. Sinful Cravings by Annie Nicholas 
  15. Yours to Command by Shona Husk
  16. Yours to Desire by Denise Rossetti
  17. Capturing Cora by Madelynne Ellis
  18. Talented by Sophie Davis


Review Request Books:  19

  1. A Dark Heart by Margaret Foxe
  2. Tangling Hearts by Sabrina Lacey
  3. Gilded Lily by Vivian Winslow
  4. Calla Lily by Vivian Winslow
  5. Wasteland Renegades by Kristene Perron & Joshua Simpson
  6. Tiger Lily by Vivian Winslow
  7. Four Weeks Till Forever by Nadia Lee
  8. Flame by Alicia Michaels
  9. Bittersweet Revenge by J L Beck
  10. The Breaking by Olivia Lawless
  11. Capturing and Releasing Hearts by Sabrina Lacey
  12. Hot Summer Nights (Anthology)
  13. The Babysitter by Dark Inferno
  14. The Sexy & The Undead by Charity Parkerson
  15. Prompossible Plans by Laura Pauling
  16. Alterra by Zachary Bonelli 
  17. Chronicles of Steele: Raven Episode One by Pauline Creeden
  18. Sweet Contradiction by Peggy Martinez
  19. The Wright Brother by Marie Hall


Blog Tour Books:  40

  1. Confessions of a Sex Fiend by Rayven Godchild
  2. Tempting Hearts by Sabrina Lacey 
  3. Awakening 2 by Jeanie Grey
  4. Queen of Wands by Katee Robert (NG)
  5. Carnal Magic by Lila Dubois
  6. Bootie and the Beast by Falguni Kothari 
  7. Honey and Her Bear by Lynn Richards 
  8. Take Me If You Dare by Nina Crespo (NG)
  9. Addictive Lunacy by N Isabelle Blanco
  10. Blood and Snow by RaShelle Workman
  11. Luminary by Krista McGee (NG)
  12. Vampire Lies by RaShelle Workman
  13. Revolutionary by Krista McGee (NG)
  14. Her Secret, His Surprise by Paula Altenburg (NG)
  15. Awakening 3 by Jeanie Grey 
  16. Lady Phillipa's Peril by Katy Walters 
  17. Meeting His Match by Katee Robert (NG)
  18. Fiancee For Hire by Tawna Fenske (NG)
  19. Falling For The Pirate by Amber Lin (NG)
  20. For Her Spy Only by Robyn DeHart
  21. Black Widow Witch by A J Locke
  22. Protecting Portia by Pavarti K Tyler
  23. Burning Love by Cassandra Carr
  24. Intimate Danger by D C Stone
  25. Legally Tied by Chelsea Dorsette
  26. Death Dealer by Ashley Robertson
  27. Dissension by K A Salidas
  28. Blood Promise by Ashley Robertson 
  29. Complication by K A Salidas
  30. Revolution by K A Salidas
  31. Accession by Terah Edun (NG)
  32. Taken by Love by Melissa Foster
  33. Hate to Love You by Elise Alden 
  34. Womb of the New World by Mira Noire
  35. Love AND Bullets by Mary Kate Kopec
  36. Love AND Leaving by Mary Kate Kopec
  37. Love AND Revenge by Mary Kate Kopec
  38. Adagio by Delancey Stewart
  39. Athena's Ashes by Jamie Grey
  40. Fated for Love by Melissa Foster


Other E-Books: 24

  1. Her Mad Hatter by Marie Hall
  2. Riding Red by Amos Cassidy
  3. Gerard's Beauty by Marie Hall
  4. Red and Her Wolf by Marie Hall
  5. The Emporium by Amos Cassidy
  6. Searching Hearts by Sabrina Lacey
  7. I Love My Breakup by Sabrina Lacey
  8. I Love My Office Fling by Sabrina Lacey
  9. I Love My Freak Out by Sabrina Lacey
  10. I Love My Destiny by Sabrina Lacey
  11. Tainted Snow by Amos Cassidy
  12. I Love My Side of the Story by Sabrina Lacey
  13. Dare to Resist by Laura Kaye
  14. Agent M4: Riordan by Joni Hahn
  15. Baiting the Maid of Honor by Tessa Bailey
  16. I Love My Secret by Sabrina Lacey
  17. I Love My Hope by Sabrina Lacey
  18. Touched by Shadow Caressed by Light (Anthology)
  19. Beyond the Iron Gate by Alicia Michaels
  20. Sleeping with Beauty by Amos Cassidy
  21. Fortune's Risk by Jamie Grey
  22. Daughter of the Red Dawn by Alicia Michaels 
  23. I Love My Chance by Sabrina Lacey
  24. Jinni's Wish by Marie Hall