Friday, 22 August 2014

Book: Inescapable by Saskia Walker

I received a copy of Inescapable from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

Lily has been having an online affair with AW and they're finally about to meet! Adrian is excited to finally meet Lily until his whole life blows up in his face and he has to go into witness protection. When Lily arrives at his office she quickly gets pulled into the plot that had Adrian put into witness protection in the first place. But then there's Seth. The sexy Welsh policeman that is protecting them. Lily can't help but feel the attraction between her and both of the men, and she's never felt so liberated both sexually and emotionally until the three of them are locked away in the Welsh country side.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

It sounds really silly and kind of superficial, but as soon as I realised this book was set in the UK I fell a little in love with it. It seems that I haven't read many UK based books, especially any set in the country side, but this one was and I definitely couldn't help but be at one with Lily's thoughts about the Welsh countryside and the beauty that it has.

Lily was an interesting character, she had the nervousness that made her human before meeting up with Adrian for the first time. There was then her nervousness about being around both of the men and actually being open about her sexuality. Again I thought this made her seem more real, especially as it can be difficult for people to open up.

That was another thing that I liked about it. Lily and Adrian had been very open with each other while talking online but still had to break the ice when they actually got to be in person. This actually really made me think of real life as I do honestly believe that there is more anonymity in online relationships and people are bolder...and this book actually reflected on that unlike many that are around.

Plus there was quite a bit of action in this book, and I really liked the way that the author merged together the love, sex and action. It wouldn't have been the book it was without any one of the three.