Monday, 3 March 2014

Liebster Award 2014

Thanks to NjKinny at NjKinny's World of Books for the nomination.

The rules for this award are:
  • List 11 Facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions put forward by whoever nominated you.
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' (or there preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
  • Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated!

The 11 Facts About Laura 
  1. I read all the time, its how I relax, enjoy myself and escape reality, even when reality doesn't need escaping. 
  2. I didn't cry when Dobby died (yep I'm cold I know!) 
  3. I'm the second oldest of 5 children, the youngest is 5 and when at home I love the fact that he's becoming as interested in reading as I am! 
  4. I read just about any genre of book, the only genre I don't really read is crime, and that is just coincidental really! 
  5. I'm one step below bilingual on the fluency scale (English is my native language and I am 'business proficient' in French...in other words I can successfully argue with French pizza delivery boys and get free pizza...genuinely happened!) 
  6. I have an entire shelf dedicated to tea. I lost track of how many different types I have. (I live in a flat with 4 other girls and have 2 shelves...)
  7. My happy place is Disney's Tangled. Literally if I'm stressed, can't sleep or just want to unwind you'll find it on in the background while I read and have a cup of tea. 
  8. I'm a Brownie Guide Leader, and having the girls say I'm good at it means the world to me. 
  9. I went to Harry Potter world as a surprise birthday treat for my 21st Birthday and am not ashamed to admit that I loved every minute of it! 
  10. I've lived most of my life in the UK, up North and now in the Midlands, with the exception of 6 months when I lived in Paris (Paris France not Paris Texas)
  11. My favourite musical is Phantom of the Opera, which is the only adaptation I've ever thought was better than the book.
My Answers to NjKinny's Questions

1. When and Why did you start blogging?
Well I started started blogging when things started getting rocky with my ex. Then it kind of became sporadic until I deleted all my personal posts and started blogging regularly as a book blogger. 

Started book blogging was about this time last year really, I'd just cut my placement short for medical reasons and moved back in with my parents, I've always loved reading and I didn't have much else to do so I figured 'why not write about what you read' and somehow from there I've got to here, where I have chats with authors and loads of amazing books to read. I think I'm lucky, in the past year I've never felt that my blog was a chore.

2. Who, what, and/or where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Books! Basically, anything to do with books! A lot of my extra posts though come from my favourite authors, as in the ones whose series I'll follow and promote no matter what (Flowering by Sarah Daltry, Crimson by Amos Cassidy, Courtlight by Terah Edun, Stardust by Jocelyn Han, Hearts on the Line by Nadia Lee and many many more!) 

3. What does you family think about your blogging?
I don't think they know that I blog per say. Rather they know that I review books. I'm not really sure what they think about it, other than they don't really understand because they don't read as much as I do. But they know that I get free books and they think that's cool! Plus they were impressed by the fact I have cover quotes! 

4. What time of day do you write the best content for your blog?
Any time I finish a book. I'm obsessive about writing reviews straight after finishing a book, even if that means writing it on paper. I won't start a new one until I've written the review, no matter if that is 9am or midnight. 

5. What is your favorite quote?
Probably got to go with my URL quote '"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies" said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only once."' Thanks to George RR Martin for that one (but please don't kill off my favourite character(s)! 

6. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Good question...I loved living in Paris but I'm kind of happy living when I am. 

7. What makes you laugh out loud?
Random conversations with my flatmates in the kitchen. We all know each other so well that the banter makes us all laugh! 

8. If you were the main character in a movie, which actress/actor would you want to play your role?
If I had to choose a real actress? Jennifer Lawrence. I absolutely love her, she's so real!

9. Who is your favorite Disney character?
Rapunzel! Though when I was younger it was definitely Ariel, she was by far my favourite (probably because Rapunzel didn't exist when I was little!) 

10.How did you come up with your blog's name?
Well originally my book blog name was the same as my URL (A Reader Lives A Thousand Lives) but somewhere along the line I decided that I wanted something original and my own. I thought about the phrase 'Going Down Memory Lane' and somehow that morphed into trips down imagination road, basically its related to the concept of each book being a journey. 

My Questions for Others

  1. If you could have one super power what would it be?
  2. Who is your book (or film) boyfriend/girlfriend?
  3. What is your favourite flower?
  4. You're on a desert island and can only take 3 items (none of them living). What would you take?
  5. Who's your favourite Harry Potter character? And don't say you don't have one...everyone has one! 
  6. Do you think that they should be making the Fifty Shades of Grey Film? (for the record I don't!) 
  7. Can you sit through book adaptations (to stage or screen) without commenting on what was wrong? (Don't worry...I can't either!) 
  8. Which is your favourite fairy tale character?
  9. What was the last book you read? 
  10. Have you ever read a book in a foreign language? Or watched a film without subtitles for that matter.
  11. What is your favourite song at the moment?
Nominees 2014

I'm still thinking of some of my nominees at the moment, but for now... +Joy Hancock +Luna LaBlue +Sarah Daltry +Illyanna Fox +Ailyn Koay