Sunday, 9 March 2014

Book: Secret Surrender by Priscilla West

I received a copy of Secret Surrender, the sequel to Forbidden Surrender, from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

Picking up from where the first book ended, Kristen and Vincent's fledgling relationship is building, with his affectionate, and somewhat protective nature coming through more with each day. Though Kristen still finds it difficult to keep their relationship quiet because of her position as his account manager, she still wants to be with him. With both of their jobs becoming busier, Kristen has to decide whether she is willing to work through their busy schedules. Add to that the threat that her ex Marty holds over her, and she is left in a rather vulnerable position.

Link to Goodrreads
Link to amazon

I mentioned in my review of Forbidden Surrender that there were moments that made me giggle aloud, and this one was no different. In fact I think there were more humorous moments in Secret Surrender than there were in the first one. (For the record my favourite was Vincent's text message after Kristen told him to be more discrete on her work phone, the analogy was really funny!)

This was different from the romance in the first book because the relationship was already in place, and it was going on about it growing, though I am pleased that, though there has been some mentions of love, there have still been no premature declarations. Though at the point in the relationship that they are at now I would be comfortable (and happy for that to happen).

One of the things I like most about this book, and the series so far, is that Kristen is so real. She has real feelings, and reacts in a way that a real woman would react, which is so different from many romance heroines. And when she has a problem, she deals with it rather than just having sex to cover it up.

Loving this series so far, and I can't wait to pick up the third book in the series!