Sunday, 16 March 2014

Book: Beautiful Surrender by Priscilla West

I received a copy of Beautiful Surrender, the sequel to Forbidden Surrender and Secret Surrender, from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

After the events at the restaurant and her ex Marty turning up on her door step, Kristen just isn't sure that she is able to trust Vincent any more, even if his intention was only to protect her. And things are about to take a turn for the complicated, particularly with regards to some of the mysterious illnesses that Kristen seems to be suffering from...

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

Beautiful Surrender started off with a continuation of the same kind of story as as the previous two books, but it had a very dramatic and action packed ending, there were a couple of moments where I was seriously wondering whether the happily ever after that I was desperate to happen just wasn't going to be. I love it when an author manages to keep me on my toes like West did.

I was right about the cause of Kristen's 'illness', I started developing a theory in the previous book and in this one it was confirmed. I thought that it really added another dimension to it!

There was much less sex in this book than in the previous one, and the focus was very much on the nuances of the relationship between Kristen and Vincent at a more meaningful level. Though their relationship did seem to move quite quickly at the end of the book, I thought that it was a perfectly justified given the circumstances.

I've loved reading this series, there is definitely a part of me that is gutted that it is over!