Friday, 6 September 2013

turn right down school lane (September)

Welcome to my new meme, turn right down school lane, in which I will be revisiting books that I read as part of my English Literature course whilst at school (and in one case, a book that I read for my French course). I'm doing the meme on the first Friday of each month until I run out of books, though it does also include plays and one poetry collection too. Please feel free to join in, and if you do please link back to my original post and leave a link in the comments so I can check it out!!!!

The following are books that I will be looking at, and studied in detail, whilst at school (separated into the level I studied them at).

Before GCSE

  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (novel)
  • Macbeth by William Shakespeare (play)
GSCE Level
  • Journey's End by R C Sherriff (play)
  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding (novel) 
  • Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare (play)
AS Level
  • The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald (novel) 
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (novel)
  • Hamlet by William Shakespeare (play)
  • Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller (play)
A2 Level
  • Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (novel)
  • 1984 by George Orwell (novel)
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (novel) 
  • Little Women by Louise May Alcott (novel) 
  • She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith (play)
  • Songs of Innocence and Experience by William Blake (poetry)
French A2 Level
  • L'Avare by Molière (play)