Friday, 21 June 2013

Harry Potter Tour (London)


I know that this is a change from what I normally post, but I was taken to the Harry Potter Tour in London for my birthday (which was on Friday), and I thought that I would share some of the photos with you!

To the left is what happened because it was my birthday...I got to open the doors into the great hall, which was cool! We also got to fly on a broomstick in front of a green screen, learn how to fight with a wand, and try butterbeer!



Seeing all the stuff used in the films was really interesting, there were scale models and part models of some of the creatures and it showed you how they created things like the Quidditch scenes, at a risk of sounding cliché, it really was magical!

For anyone like me who grew up with Harry Potter, both the books and the films, I would seriously suggest that you visit, this is how they made the whole thing come to life! And the whole day just made me want to re-read and revisit the magical world that J K Rowling created with the books, and I will, but after I move through the massive reading list I currently have!

Below is a slideshow of images from our day out: