Monday, 1 August 2011

Book: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Book 2 of Song of Ice and Fire following reading Game of Thrones. It is easy to say that this book didn't disappoint either, the characters that I loved before I still love and even Sansa Stark is growing on me (I find her some what annoying) 


Mainly I love Daenarys. She is my absolute favourite character in the books, she's firery, passionate and knows what she wants and is determined to get it, it makes me root for her in the Clash of Kings, though each of the other kings is pretty much oblivious to any threat she may cause. After all with Renly dead and Stannis not explicitly dead but suggested that he is (or at least defeated) that only leaves Robb Stark and Balcoln Greyjoy left. 


As much as I like the Starks I don't think that Robb will even come close to winning this war, 


I am SO SO sorry I've just been so caught up reading: Storm of Swords (Part 1 and 2) and am now half way through A Feast for Crows and have forgotten to post about book 2...FAIL


Now I have to try and write this review without giving away anything....could be difficult as the story has now sort of merged, well as far as A Storm of Swords goes, A Feast for Crows isn't nearly as captivating for me, so we'll see where that leads, I just hope A Dance with Dragons is better (it is sat looking wonderful and new on my bedside table still half a book away, and half of 900 pages is a lot of book!) 


So anyway, the last pointg before the bold now seems a little irrelevant to me, I think I'll simple rephrase and say that I doubt the Starks will win the war! (More about why in my review of a Storm of Swords which will be posted in about 10 minutes...


Til Next Time, 
L x