Thursday, 23 June 2011

Book: Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send an Idiot Abroad. The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington

I am the first person to admit that travel diaries aren't really the kind of book that interests me. However this book was finished in 2 days, and I was working both of them so that takes some doing. 


I saw some of the Sky 1 series and when I saw that he had produced a book by the same name I decided I HAD to read it. After all Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington make a brilliant and hilarious team.


And I admit that I was not disappointed, this book was a great light hearted approach to travelling, and Pilkington writes some pretty hilarious stuff. I think this would convince even the travel phobic to go on a trip to see the wonders (though not to do some of the things that he did). 


Though he is often branded as an idiot I think that Karl Pilkington is a genius, he comes up with the most outrageous ideas and talks in a way that is engaging and really draws the readers into his travels, something not that easily achieved. I will definately look forward to the new series of an Idiot Abroad, and I just hope that they release another travel diary to go with it.


Read this book! That is an order! At many points I was just sat there laughing my head off at the things that were written on the page, definately kept me reading! 


Til Next Time, 
L x